Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Which brand/rifle if it wasnt your Daystate (PCP)?

Other Air Rifle Manufacturers area to talk about air rifles that arent Daystate

Which brand/rifle if it wasnt your Daystate (PCP)?

Postby salop sniper » 21 Jul 2014, 15:54

As above folks......

If you didnt have your Daystate anymore which brand and which rifle would you go to?

Am sure its going to be Ripley for a few but what others would you consider ?

I have to confess that this comes about from having been at Furnace Mill the other week and shooting next to a guy with a left handed BSA R10...... It seemed more accurate than my MK4 and also quieter than my Hugget. And definatly cheaper and it was completely standard.
Am sure its in my mind but I couldnt help be be worried he had a better setup and one which I think I could happily swap my MK4 for !
If I did then that would just leave my FAC Huntsman as my last remaining Daystate :?

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Re: Which brand/rifle if it wasnt your Daystate (PCP)?

Postby CORKY » 21 Jul 2014, 16:43

Well, funny you should start this but... I have recently been lured to pistols, and sold my two Mk 4 rifles... leaving me (?) with a Mk2 Phoenix in .22 as my only rifle.
CORKY

Postby salop sniper » 21 Jul 2014, 16:53

I am really tempted and I dont know why to sell my MK4 and buy a BSA Ultra or R10 and send it XTX and have it regged and shrouded and a custom big bolt added to it.

BSA are the complete under dog but i think thats part of the attraction, I may even regret it but still I am curious. I blame it on my waiting for my SFS Imp to arrive but still am not sure this will go away and chrostmas time may see a rifle change !

ATB

Matt
salop sniper

Postby stryder5 » 21 Jul 2014, 18:39

CORKY wrote:Well, funny you should start this but... I have recently been lured to pistols, and sold my two Mk 4 rifles... leaving me (?) with a Mk2 Phoenix in .22 as my only rifle.

Used to have a Phoenix....lol..... :D
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. "
Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby audi swift » 21 Jul 2014, 20:49

for me a nice custom build off Dave at scr, or off another gun smith I have heard about off Gary.
but he only makes a handful a year :( so the waiting list is a few years I bet :cry: .

I would always have my old trusty hw77 as that is a family rifle from my younger days :lol: .
audi swift

Postby airwolf1 » 21 Jul 2014, 21:31

Sub 12 would be an easy choice, HW100KT. In FAC I would be stumped, can't think of much that could come close to the Wolf. HW100 is the only PCP I regret ever selling, BSA R10 was easy to let go, replaced it with a mk4 and they are chalk and cheese. It was an R10 mk1 so may be they improved a lot but it sounded like a fart when fired and is not as refined as a Daystate for me :D
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Mantonflint » 21 Jul 2014, 22:43

Well, as I can't mention the "R" word it will have to be my Skan R32; shooting it always puts a smile on my face. I've owned it since 2000, utterly reliable, accurate, consistent, fast and great fun. Brilliant with Crossman Premiers, Walther barrel, Its great on tree rats. ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby salop sniper » 22 Jul 2014, 16:24

airwolf1 wrote:Sub 12 would be an easy choice, HW100KT. In FAC I would be stumped, can't think of much that could come close to the Wolf. HW100 is the only PCP I regret ever selling, BSA R10 was easy to let go, replaced it with a mk4 and they are chalk and cheese. It was an R10 mk1 so may be they improved a lot but it sounded like a fart when fired and is not as refined as a Daystate for me :D

HW100........ Dam we dont have a vomiting smiley. LOL
They seem very accurate and seem well made and reliable but I hate side-leavers and I found the stock ugly and uncomfortable. My old man had one for about 2 weeks and then changed it for a AA410c which we both prefered. 8-)

ATB

Matt
salop sniper

Postby airwolf1 » 22 Jul 2014, 18:58

vomit :lol: granted they will never win a prize for being pretty!! and if they had a thumb up option on the stock i would never have sold it. I prefer short fast handling rifles and I loved it, hated the standard length version and it is only 10cm longer :shock: The side lever is clunky compared to a DS bolt but you could hammer it, snatch it and slam it as fast as you like and it would skip a beat, i personally think they still have the cheapest, simplest and best magazine system on the market :D

I guess its that whole personal preference thing, but i dont know anyone else that would swap a mk4 for an R10 :D
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby JUD » 22 Jul 2014, 22:21

This.

JUD

Next

Return to Other Air Rifle Manufacturers

Who is on the Daystate Forum