Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Air Ranger 80 .25 MOA group at 100 meters!

Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Designed to be a ‘supergun’ amongst sporting air rifles, the Air Ranger and its extra-high power stablemate, the Air Ranger 80, bring a whole new dimension to mechanically-driven PCPs. Now you can shoot well beyond your normal limits.

Air Ranger 80 .25 MOA group at 100 meters!

Postby denniesmeets » 20 Aug 2018, 20:35

Hi,

My previous post on juli 28 2017 showed accuracy at 50 meters. The gun was brand new (and new to me). Now The barrel has broken in and I got used to the gun’s behaviour and we got to learn each other. Played around with pellet speed and gun hold and finally found a setup which delivers the accuracy I am comfortable with at 100 meters. In terms of pellets, the JSB King Heavies (regular) are most accurate. King Heavies MKII’s are opening up the groups a little bit compared to the regulare Heavies. Standard King’s are worse, not to speak about baracuda’s which spread like a shotgun. The most accurate pellet speed I gound with Heavies is around 266 m/s. Best gun hold is resting the gun on its fore end and not the bottle. One hand at the grip, other hand resting on top of the scope, applying a little bit of pressure. Follow through after the shot has been fired improves group sizes. Very noticeable and a sensitive point of this airgun. Probably the longer barrel makes it more sensitive. Further more a large silencer absorbing the first air behind the pellet makes another improvement to group sizes. I use the Huggett Magna silencer currently which I achieved some good results with. After loads of practicing groups have shrunk down to just under a MOA group at 100 meters. This 10 shot group measures 27mm to be exact. This is the smallest group I shot with my current setup. I am shooting groups averaging around 35mm most of the time. (Concentration, mood etc.) Maybe sizing and sorting pellets by weight can improve another percent, maybe something I will do ant try some time. I have made some rim and centre fire guys jealous at the range when they had a look at my groups.

I hope this information is of any help to you guys. Anyway, the Air Ranger can deliver accuracy when having found the right setup. I know a lot of guys were/are having issues with accuracy. This gun just shoots too hot out of the box using pellets. I am using a lighter hammer spring and shooting at 160 bars on an external regulator. When using the original hammer spring, try shooting at around 140 bars. This should give you a pellet speed around 265 m/s and improved accuracy. The lighter hammer spring is just to limit the air consumprion a bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denniesmeets

Re: Air Ranger 80 .25 MOA group at 100 meters!

Postby denniesmeets » 20 Aug 2018, 20:41

Here is a picture of my gun hold if anyone would be interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
denniesmeets

Postby Bruno27 » 22 Aug 2018, 07:14

Very impressive! Do you use back rest?
Bruno27

Postby denniesmeets » 07 Sep 2018, 23:49

Yes I do. Just a small bag rest.
denniesmeets

Return to Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum