Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Another new owner with QC complaint

The Daystate Huntsman Classic combines all the elements of a fine, traditional sporting air rifle in a lightweight, compact design that’s a joy to shoulder, whether you’re out in the hunting field or on the competition range.Huntsman Regal

Another new owner with QC complaint

Postby lohr500 » 11 May 2017, 17:03

I picked up my brand new .22 40ft lb FAC version Huntsman Regal today from my local gun shop.
It has been on order for nearly two months which was fine. I knew this when ordering it.

Fitted the scope off my old 12ft Lb Huntsman Classic (which I sold a few days ago) and went to fill the magazine.

The 1st pellet was a really tight fit and wouldn't push into the magazine. Thinking it may be the pellets (H&N Barracuda) I tried a lighter weight Wasp. Same problem. Rotated the mag and same problem with every chamber.

Our friends at Daystate have only gone and supplied a .20 mag with the .22 rifle :? :? :?

Gun shop most apologetic when I returned the magazine and have now contacted Daystate to send out a correct replacement. The gun shop had some right hand magazines available, but as I am left handed, the locating pin on the mag needs moving to the other side and we were unable to modify the right hand mag they had in stock.

Put around 15 pellets through it this afternoon using the single shot tray adaptor and was getting really tight groups on the bull at +/- 30 yards after just 6 shots and some minor click adjustments on the scope.

As luck would have it a bunny then appeared in the field at around the same range. He made a bad mistake :lol:

In conclusion :
Very pleased with the rifle but not too impressed with the final QC.
lohr500

Re: Another new owner with QC complaint

Postby HavocX » 13 May 2017, 00:58

Yah thats a bummer but at least it was a minor mixup. Better than a blemish in the finish or something like that.
Enjoy the rifle! Loving my new 40ft/lb Huntsman!
HavocX

Return to Daystate Huntsman Classic & Huntsman Regal Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum