Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Poor grouping

Daystate Air Wolf MCT the ultimate in high-tech hunting air rifles that features the very latest in on-board refinements to make it easier than ever to achieve great shooting results

Poor grouping

Postby robo46 » 13 Apr 2017, 19:51

Hi guys I have a3yr old air wolf I know it needs a service but it's become inconsistent velocities on chrono are up and down it will hit smack on one shot then drop low the next ? It's not what I expect from such an expensive rifle my mates have hw100s and never had them serviced and still pellet on pellet . Anyone else had this problem. Alb robo .
robo46

Re: Poor grouping

Postby Cumbrianwolf » 24 Apr 2017, 13:17

Obviously try multiple pellets through it before you judge the gun, if you have not done that firstly of course.
Clean the barrel out and then commence testing again. My MK3/4 was showing anomalies like you stated and I was thinking it was the rifle even after a full service with certain brands of pellets and then after a lot of time on the range I narrowed it down to just a couple of types and the grouping increased to one on one and the variation on the pellets velocity became more stable.
Daystate Mk3/4 MK3 .177 upgraded to MK4 board, AGS Cobalt Redi-Mount 6-24x50 AO IR Rifle Scope, Universal Airstream MK6 carbon fibre reflex silencer.
Benjamin Trail NP pistol .177 fitted with a PAO 2x20mm scope. John
Cumbrianwolf

Re: Poor grouping

Postby HavocX » 05 May 2017, 02:43

Yes as Cumbrianwolf commented... try a good barrel cleaning, check breech/barrel o-ring and test a few pellets.
If the chrony continues showing erratic numbers I would give it a full tear down and inspect some parts.

Hope you get it sorted!
HavocX

Return to Daystate Air Wolf MCT Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum