Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Adding a Reg to a Mk3c, has it been done?

In the world of airguns, there has never been anything quite like Daystate’s patented electronic system. Building on the ground- I breaking MK3 system, the latest Map Compensated Technology (MCT ) that’s fitted to the new MK4 iS models turns a revolutionary system into an evolutionary one, providing total shooting control from the advanced software programs that power it.

Adding a Reg to a Mk3c, has it been done?

Postby peterlnic » 22 Mar 2017, 01:56

Hi All,
i'm new to this site but not new to air rifles or Daystates, well i only have one Daystate and that's the 'C' version of the Mk3.
I very much enjoy designing and making air rifles as well as modifying them, i also have a .177 AA-S400 (wash my mouth with soap and water bringing up that name ), that has one of my regulators and a one of my floating hammers installed, in it's carbine form it gives me 110 fully regulated shots at 11.8 FP (yes, a little hot, been meaning to reduce it a bit).
Anyway, my question is this, has anyone fitted a regulator to a sub 12FP .177 Mk3 'C' ?? it already has a fairly flat power curve and a healthy amount of shots of about 90 to 100 per air charge, now a flatter curve is always nice but what i'm really after is more shots per charge, my reason you ask? well i'm wheel chair disabled and moving my self about to get more air is a bit of a pain for me, (quite literally), if the gain is worth it, say 30 to 50 more shots then for me it is worth it, but also, Hell! i want to know how far i can stretch this wonderful rifle! and would i be wrong in presuming that it's pointless in experimenting with the hammer as Daystate have already done this to death in their original R&D??
My last question is this, although i'll happily strip and rebuild almost any PCP i come across or even build one from scratch, the people at Daystate promised me that if i strip and clean or re-seal the firing valve i would NEVER get it back on song and only they could re set-up their self regulating valve, (or is that cob.. err shoe makers?), now my dear Mk3 is now getting long in the tooth and the only seals i have not replaced are those in and around the valve, as being disabled and unable to work any more i couldn't afford the £300 for them to service it.

Sorry for all the questions chaps, and a Megga Thanks for letting me join this wonderful site, my thanks also to those who do all the hard work in running this site,
pete.
Daystate Mk3, Heavily modified AA-S400, Home made PCP rifles.
peterlnic

Re: Adding a Reg to a Mk3c, has it been done?

Postby Motorhead » 22 Mar 2017, 05:27

Daystate Mk3 D V2 sport " Custom"
.20 cal w/Shroud & regulator.

RAW TM-1000 / BSA Scorpion / AA 410C / Many more ...
" Home of Motorheads AG Tuning Services"

Scott
Motorhead

Postby peterlnic » 22 Mar 2017, 16:13

Hi Motohead, Scott, (i think? sorry still new to this notice board thing),
Thanks for your Very quick and helpful reply, and thanks for the link's and your write up of your work you have done. Have you done any work with sub 12FP Mk3's? i have to admit to being impressed with just how flat the curve is on my Mk3.
I'm mostly after more shot's per air charge, my current (factory) setup gives about 80-90 shots at 11.5FP, so my main question is would there be any significant increases in shots air per charge with a reg spun up and installed, but a flatter power curve is always very welcome too,
with mechanical action rifles i normally get a very good increase of shots per charge and of course a flat power curve with a reg and a new floating hammer, also, the factory did a good job on trying to frighten me off from messing with the Mk3'c' poppet valve saying once stripped down i'd never get it balanced again because a special jig was required! Well that sounds like a load of rubbish to me, but before i jumped in i thought i'd ask here as i was sure to get the truth if there was some mythical Magic involved!!
Thanks, pete.
peterlnic

Postby Mantonflint » 25 Mar 2017, 22:02

Hello and welcome to the Forum, Peter. I can't help you with your question directly, I have a Mk3 RT(b) TH 12fpe which is regulated and fitted with the full length FAC cylinder. If I myself wanted any work doing on the rifle I would speak to Dave at Staffordshire Custom Rifles, he used to build them and is Daystate approved and a good guy.
http://www.scr-airguns.co.uk
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby peterlnic » 26 Mar 2017, 02:31

Hi Mantonflint,
Thank you for your warm welcome and thanks for the advice! now why didn't i think of that, he's the chap i bought my Mk3 from about five or six years ago, but i'm so used to living in France and doing everything for my self i never thought to go and ask Dave at SCR,
Thanks again,
pete.
peterlnic

Return to Daystate MK4 iS & MK3 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum