Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Bolt Handle Angle

The Daystate Huntsman Classic combines all the elements of a fine, traditional sporting air rifle in a lightweight, compact design that’s a joy to shoulder, whether you’re out in the hunting field or on the competition range.Huntsman Regal

Bolt Handle Angle

Postby Anthem » 23 Jan 2017, 22:13

Hello all, new owner of an Regal XL.
Before I even attempt any modifications ...was wonder if the bolt handle could be "clocked" at a different angle? Would like the handle to be less vertical while cocking, it's close to the magnifier adjustment (has a raised tab) of the scope when at lower mag power levels. I understand the handle will be closer to the stock when cocked -not an issue for my positioning/hand size. Thanks in advance.
Anthem

Re: Bolt Handle Angle

Postby Mantonflint » 29 Jan 2017, 20:23

Hello and welcome to the forum. Altering the bolt and possibly the stock doesn't seem feasible to me. How about altering the position of the scope in the mounts, or indeed changing the scope? I haven't seen any instances for such an alteration on a PCP bolt.
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Dirtbikerick » 24 Feb 2017, 05:54

What I was told by the vendor who sold me my regal was to loosen 2 bolt handle set screws and warm up the handle with a soldering gun to free up the lock tight and rotate/reposition to your liking, retighten. I have not done this yet but this weekend is coming.
Dirtbikerick

Postby Dirtbikerick » 17 Apr 2017, 04:52

So after several attempts to drop my bolt handle down closer to the stock and give my fat hand more room to clear the scope when cocking I was finally able to do it. The handle has 2 set screws and the factory uses stud and bearing mount lock tight to hold handle to shaft. So down to it, cock the gun making sure it's empty, cocking it gives you more distance from action and wood, wrap a dish towel around the stock below the handle, I used my Wagner heat gun and slowly started heating the handle until the lock tight started to free up, use a glove and fit to your liking, put the heat gun on cool mode, cool handle and re tighten set screws, enjoy more cocking room.
Dirtbikerick

Postby venado » 09 May 2017, 20:32

Thanks Dirtbikerick, though I don't find that I need to change the bolt handle angle I do appreciate your feedback and clarity in explaining the solution. Those are the sorts of things that make having a forum like this valuable.
venado

Return to Daystate Huntsman Classic & Huntsman Regal Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum