Welcome to the world of
Daystate

New owner with minor QC complaint.

The Daystate Huntsman Classic combines all the elements of a fine, traditional sporting air rifle in a lightweight, compact design that’s a joy to shoulder, whether you’re out in the hunting field or on the competition range.Huntsman Regal

New owner with minor QC complaint.

Postby ag101 » 09 Jan 2017, 06:46

Greetings all,

I'm new to the forum and also a new owner of a Regal XL in .22 caliber. So far, I really like this rifle. It's lightweight, compact, and quite attractive. Fit and finish are mostly excellent. It gets a nice shot count (roughly 44 charged to 200 bar) and superb accuracy with the right pellets. I really have nothing bad to say about it other than one minor quibble, which is there are scratches on the bolt handle.

These appear to be from a powered torque driver that "skipped" across the bolt surface and caused cosmetic damage. They are superficial and in no way affect functioning. I bring this up only because this fine rifle otherwise appears to have had great attention paid to detail during manufacture. It's certainly not a deal breaker and I wouldn't return the rifle for service because of this. Other than this one minor issue, the rifle is fantastic. I'm still experimenting with pellets and have found JSB Express giving the best groups.

ag101

scratched-bot.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ag101

Re: New owner with minor QC complaint.

Postby Bruno27 » 09 Jan 2017, 18:40

Hi and welcome
The light doesn't help and the bolt itself looks damaged.
May be a good wipe and another picture would help
Bruno27

Postby ag101 » 12 Jan 2017, 22:02

It took some digging, but I was able to find my other camera and get better pictures of the scratches. They are on both sides of the set screw hole, and I can only assume it was caused by a torque driver bit.

scratched_bolt2.jpg

scratched_bolt1x.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ag101

Postby HavocX » 03 May 2017, 00:17

Crummy, was it sorted for you?
HavocX

Return to Daystate Huntsman Classic & Huntsman Regal Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum