Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Could anyone tell me if the MK3 & MK4iS same striker?

In the world of airguns, there has never been anything quite like Daystate’s patented electronic system. Building on the ground- I breaking MK3 system, the latest Map Compensated Technology (MCT ) that’s fitted to the new MK4 iS models turns a revolutionary system into an evolutionary one, providing total shooting control from the advanced software programs that power it.

Re: Could anyone tell me if the MK3 & MK4iS same striker?

Postby daystate22 » 27 Dec 2016, 08:14

Hi,

I own a Daystate mk3 and have previously owned a mk4. I can tell you 100% that they both use the same striker (armature is the correct term to strike the poppet valve once the solenoid capacitor is released).
The sling shot system as nothing to do with Daystate electronic range of rifles but is used in the mechanical versions like the royals and huntsman etc (the slingshot system used in these mechanical versions was designed to replace the use of a regulator, although very good in my opinion they do not outperform a regulator as used in the harrier x2r and merlyn range of rifles).
Back on topic with regards to quietening the armature/striker on the mk3 mk4 range of rifles, I have not tried any of these suggestions myself but here are some things I would probably try if I was looking to do this modification

1 lighten the striker/ armature by boring out a hole from the top flat end, this may also cause the striker/armature to travel faster also.

2 once step one is completed and tested, if still not happy with performance/noise level try fitting into bored out striker some kind of rubber buffer. This buffer when the armature is shot back from the pressure of the firing valve poppet helps cushion the striker against the rubber stopper fitted to the safety switch, hope that makes sense.

3 don't bother with steps one and two but try to attach some kind of buffer to the top of the striker which will help cushion against the stopper as described in step 2. This may also reduce the length of stroke so you may need to either make a smaller armature before adding the buffer which will also help reduce weight or file down the rubber stopper on the safety switch increasing length of travel.

If it was me and I had the means to make a new striker/armature I would be tempted to make a shorter striker and add a buffer on top as described in step 3. You will not have altered anything of the original set up if you don't get the desired results.

Please keep us informed with your findings as I am interested in your results.

Hope I have helped!

Kind regards
daystate22

Postby Jeff B » 29 Dec 2016, 02:50

Yes, that is immensely helpful!

I expect to have the MK4 back from AZ with a full length 1 1/4" shroud before the end of January and have asked someone who has modified the striker to lighten it and quieten remaining little action noise successfully before to see if he could help me do the same.

I will definitely post updates here on my progress as a thank you for your help :D
Jeff B

Postby Motorhead » 29 Dec 2016, 06:45

:D We're on it once in hand .... lighter, faster, quieter INDEED !!
Daystate Mk3 D V2 sport " Custom"
.20 cal w/Shroud & regulator.

RAW TM-1000 / BSA Scorpion / AA 410C / Many more ...
" Home of Motorheads AG Tuning Services"

Scott
Motorhead

Postby Jeff B » 18 Feb 2017, 00:11

OK,

Got the Daystate MK4 back from Motorhead.

In a word "rediculous..."

Somehow he removed all of the vibration, all. You can barely hear the valve being hit.

You want dB numbers? Ok, my Extech instruments model 407730 dB meter ($76 on amazon) read only 59 dB. That is not a typo, that read fifty nine dB. It is shooting 8.44 jsb diablos at 836 fps = 13.1 FPE.

The pellet hitting the grass is louder than the firing of the gun.

I am quite certain that this is THE quietest 13 FPE airgun in the world right now.

10 shots @ 15 yards in the same hole, not a ragged hole, a one pellet wide hole. One shot, 10 shots, same size hole.

When I can, I will shoot at longer yardages, but this is my average distance from my slightly opened sliding door and the gopher heads in my backyard, so it works for me.
Jeff B

Postby Motorhead » 24 Feb 2017, 07:08

Yup .... quiet as a pin dropping on carpet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not quite ... but most silent PCP at that power level I've ever heard :o
Daystate Mk3 D V2 sport " Custom"
.20 cal w/Shroud & regulator.

RAW TM-1000 / BSA Scorpion / AA 410C / Many more ...
" Home of Motorheads AG Tuning Services"

Scott
Motorhead

Previous

Return to Daystate MK4 iS & MK3 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum