Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Search function

A place to talk about anything from cars to over sports or hobbies

Search function

Postby Bruno27 » 01 Sep 2016, 22:26

Hi
New on the forum, I have tried to do some searches about silencer, airstream ... and everytime I get this message:
'The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: ().
Am I missing something?
Bruno27

Re: Search function

Postby Bruno27 » 02 Sep 2016, 19:20

Does work with suppressor
Bruno27

Postby CORKY » 10 Sep 2016, 11:31

How did your research go? I acquired a couple of silencers, long time ago, but things have moved on, and . . so has my memory, or lack of. Anyway. I think there was an "Airstream" silencer, that screwed onto the end of the rifle, making it very long. Then came the airstream REFLEX, and it screwed onto the rifle, but half the length of the reflex, fitted over the length of the barrel, making for a far more compact result. I think I owned the reflex 4 and 5. I think the 4 could be taken apart.. it unscrewed , I think the 5 was glued together. I did not screw mine on too tight, and made sure I was holding the SHROUD when fitting, If you hold the rifle stock when fitting ,and the silencer is turned too tightly, you risk the shroud turning at the breech end. I could not tell any difference between the 4 or 5 reflex with regards to sound. Here in UK we can only ask second hand sellers to post silencers to us, Laws prevent shops and manufacturers posting to buyers, for new ,we have to shop in person :roll: Earlier reflex were calibre specific, but later models suited many calibres, certainly .177 to .22, I don't know about .25. My 4 and 5 covered multi calibres. You may need an adaptor between the thread on the end of your rifle, and the thread on silencers. Some Huntsman rifles came with the adaptor, some without
CORKY

Postby Bruno27 » 12 Sep 2016, 22:28

Hi Corky and thank you for your reply.
The Airstream appears to be a nice option (I like the half in half out bit :mrgreen: ).
I have noticed that 2nd hand silencer don't stay on the market very long.
I am tempted by an airsoft to use the outer and sort out the clever bit myself.
Bruno27

Return to Lounge - none Daystate chat

Who is on the Daystate Forum