Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Photon 6x50

Air Rifle Night Vision Optics chat

Photon 6x50

Postby farmerdunk » 21 Jul 2016, 13:41

Hi. Has anybody on here used one of these? I have reserved one today for £250. It is 6 months old, like new. New one is £420ish.

Thanks
Duncan
farmerdunk

Re: Photon 6x50

Postby CORKY » 21 Jul 2016, 21:49

I tried one and could not get on with it, never got to try it in the dark.
CORKY

Postby farmerdunk » 21 Jul 2016, 22:31

I dont know what to do now!! It has got mostly good reviews and for the money the shop is asking which inc postage is very good i think. The reviews say it is better in the dark and not that good at daytime. I asked the chap about the ATN X sight, he would not recommend one of those and the pulsar is good but a lot bigger and heavier. He is going to hold it for me till tomorrow, i haven't paid any deposit.
farmerdunk

Postby CORKY » 21 Jul 2016, 23:11

I fancied the Atn X, very much from the paper reports, but gradually became disenchanted , looking at video reports, battery drain seemed high and it seemed like work in progress, with constant updating. I think it helps if you sight any of the 'scopes with their internal adjustments set at the mid position, perhaps using adjustable mounts, or a bit of shimming, leaving the internal adjustments for final trimming. I found they felt odd if the aiming sight was not central. The Pulsars do look big. I like the idea though, of a 'scope that is good at night and useable during the day, and having dismissed the Photon and ATN, that just leaves me, last time I looked, with the DronePro, quality, natural colour day and night, good features... at a price though, would go well with an Airwolf :roll:
CORKY

Return to Air Rifle Night Vision Optics

Who is on the Daystate Forum