Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Note: If your Daystate Wolverine is leaking read this...

Daystate Wolverine 303 Daystate develop the big bore sporting air rifle in response to great demand from airgun hunters world wide. Wolverine B / C Forum

Note: If your Daystate Wolverine is leaking read this...

Postby Squirrel_Reaper » 13 Jan 2016, 17:34

Hi,

Just wanted to post this information with the idea of helping others - so far I have had two leaks on my 2015 Wolverine .22 and both of them took a little time for me to figure out (hopefully this might save some grief for anyone with the same problems).

Leak #1 - (main seal) long story this but in the end I discovered it was the "main seal" that was leaking. To confirm this I had to removed the Huggett shroud and hold a soapy wet finger over the end of the barrel with the bolt in the locked position. If your rifle main seal is leaking (and your bolt o-ring is good) you will see bubbles forming when you do this.

Leak #2 - (pressure gauge) again a bit of time wasted initially because I thought that leak #2 was related to leak #1 where I had loosened the gauge to depressurize the rifle. In fact after replacing the 1/8" BSP "Dowty" seal on the gauge I realized that leak #2 was actually the gauge itself. There is a small vent hole on the side of the gauge - holding a soapy finger over it will form bubbles if your gauge has gone bad. (the small vent hole prevents the gauge exploding if the internal components rupture)

These small gauges seem to be somewhat unreliable I have since learned (I might look into acquiring a spare).

Anyway, I hope this saves time for a few others - I have always been very grateful for the information that I have received from various boards.

Robert
Squirrel_Reaper

Re: Note: If your Daystate Wolverine is leaking read this...

Postby Ditto3628 » 20 Jan 2016, 00:23

I had the same problem with my Daystate B lite. I received it from Airguns of Arizona and had to return it to have it fixed. I have been monitoring the gage closely since but have not experienced this problem again.
Ditto3628

Postby Squirrel_Reaper » 22 Jan 2016, 02:34

Interesting, BTW I also noticed that my replacement gauge was a different type - the needle and background were both slightly different.

If I had to guess I'd say that Daystate have quietly found a different supplier due to reliability issues.

The new gauge looks to me like it might be made by the same company that makes them for FX.
Squirrel_Reaper

Postby Ditto3628 » 31 Mar 2017, 18:55

I also had a leak in the gage. When I first got the rifle it had a slow leak that turned out to be the gage. Later I developed a leak in a seal but not sure what. This leak was repaired just a couple of months ago. Now I have another leak. This is really turning out to be a problem for me. I have to send the gun to AOA and it cost about 50 bucks to send it. It takes about 2 weeks turnaround time and then I am not sure that the gun is going to work or spring another leak. After I fix this leak and if it starts leaking again I guess I will just get another rifle. This is the pits.
Ditto3628

Return to Daystate Wolverine 303 / Wolverine B / C Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum