Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Air Ranger FAC 22

Daystate FAC air rifles , FAC forum for Daystate FAC rifles

Air Ranger FAC 22

Postby Top hunter » 18 Mar 2015, 19:46

Hi Guys. Advice please. I am looking at a second hand Air Ranger FAC 22 putting out 33ft/lbs.
The gun looks in very good condition wood wise, the action and barrel have slight wear and tear marks but no corrosion. Not sure of its age but it has the Harper Valve system. (is it regulated)
What do i need to look for ? what could be hiding under the 'skin' the shop who i have dealt with a lot say that the gun is sound and been checked by their gunsmith, i have no reason to disbelieve them. It has a 500 cc bottle and twink mod on the front.
Top hunter

Re: Air Ranger FAC 22

Postby airwolf1 » 18 Mar 2015, 21:06

Has it got a metal trigger gaurd or wood? Dont really get corrosion on these as nearly all Ally. 33ftlb is a good power level, if it has the metal trigger guard its probably not regged, which is a good thing :D I would ask age and check against public database on DS website, also ask about whether it has been serviced if older than 3 years old :D
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Top hunter » 18 Mar 2015, 23:17

Hi Airwolf.
Thanks for the reply, the trigger guard is wooden part of the stock just like on an Airwolf. If the gun is regulated is that a bad thing? Its got the 'Harper Valve' stamped on the side, no barrel band and black 'cocking bolt' not sure if its the old style magazine.
Top hunter

Postby airwolf1 » 18 Mar 2015, 23:56

Hi, the first Rangers had the trigger guard formed by the stock and a smaller thumb hole , the newer Rangers had a metal guard cut into the stock the same as the Airwolf, the only reason I say the regs arent a good thing is that the first Rangers will now be around 7+ years old and a reg needs a pro to set up properly and service should it fail.

The new Harper Slingshot system negates the need for the reg and is more reliable :D
airwolf1

Postby airwolf1 » 19 Mar 2015, 00:02

This may help Identify:
early Ranger.jpg
later Ranger.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
airwolf1

Postby Top hunter » 19 Mar 2015, 19:28

Hi Airwolf. Its an nearly one thanks for the photo id, if the reg could be an issue i will leave it, thanks for your help. I can get an new Huntsman Regal in fac 30ft/lb for around the same money, 40 shots is enough for me, thoughts on that one please.
Top hunter

Postby airwolf1 » 19 Mar 2015, 20:05

Who knows the reg may be fine but at that age may not be good for much longer, although I am now racking my brains as to whether they regged the high power versions, with the stock off the reg is visible, it sits under the action, looks like a bare battery and has a skull and cross bones on the end, either way I would say a Ranger of that age in FAC shouldnt be more than £650. Since a Regal is the same money as the one you are looking at I would probably go for that, much lighter, plus you will have a 3 year warranty. :D
airwolf1

Postby Top hunter » 19 Mar 2015, 21:33

Thanks for the advice, i think i will go the Huntsman route.
Cheers all the best.
Top hunter

Postby Simplesimon48 » 21 Mar 2015, 21:41

Hi just to let you know I was going to buy a new huntsman regal fac, I found that sportsman guns are selling the last few air Rangers off for £899 with 500cc buddy bottle 40ftl lbs so I went for one of them instead superb rifle.
Simplesimon48

Postby Top hunter » 25 May 2015, 21:26

Hello forum. Been a while since i was on but still shooting. My last post was about an FAC Air Ranger, did not go down that road.I did look at a Huntsman FAC did not go for that either. I ended up getting (dare i say it) a Theoben Rapid MK2 FAC the gun is a 2005 model bit old i know but in first class condition and very accurate.
Anyway, you don't want to know about the Theoben i hear you cry ! What i am going to ask is your opinions on the Wolverine B FAC .22 ? they look a fantastic gun from the youtube stuff i have watched and the reviews from some of the 'top' testers in the mags. I like the Rapid but having no regulator, taking the bottle off every fill, no gauge and very heavy. I believe the Wolverine is 'future' rapid replacement, but what do you guys think ?
Cheers.
Top hunter

Return to Daystate FAC air rifles

Who is on the Daystate Forum