Welcome to the world of
Daystate

JSB Exact Express .177

Pellet Forum to chat about Pellets

JSB Exact Express .177

Postby Daystate Admin » 17 Nov 2013, 11:32

JSB Exact Express .177

Hi all just wondering if anyone has got any feed back on the JSB Exact Express .177 . I know its lighter at 7.87 grains against the JSB Exact .177 at 8.44 grains.

Just wondering the pros and cons for the JSB Exact Express :?:

cheers
Cheers Richard
Daystate Forum built by members for everyone
www.humminbird.info
Daystate Admin
Site Admin

Re: JSB Exact Express .177

Postby airwolf1 » 17 Nov 2013, 12:43

I haven't used the JSB but I did get a batch of .177 Webley Mosquito express once, a shop was clearing them at £2 a tin so I bought them for pistol plinking. When testing with my mk4 I thought I would give them a bash, turns out they were the best pellet in that gun!! I saved them for hunting trips as they had a super flat trajectory and were deadly accurate. I tried to find some more to bolster stocks but had no luck, I was told they were discontinued, however some googling revealed that they in fact were made by JSB, and Webley had bought the UK selling rights, once Webley lost these JSB put there own name back on and sold them to distributors here, JSB kept the express part of the name, I assume its because of the lighter weight?

Also falcon accuracy plus are similar if not the same, definitely a JSB made pellet of the same weight, I tried these in .22 sub 12 and they were brilliant, not tried them in .177 yet.
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby stryder5 » 17 Nov 2013, 15:11

Daystate Admin wrote:

JSB Exact Express .177

Hi all just wondering if anyone has got any feed back on the JSB Exact Express .177 . I know its lighter at 7.87 grains against the JSB Exact .177 at 8.44 grains.

Just wondering the pros and cons for the JSB Exact Express :?:

cheers

I believe these are similar or the same as AADF Express and I have heard good reports using these for FT and HFT. Very flat trajectory.

I haven't tried these but I use Cross man Premier weight 7.9 grains and POI from 18 - 40 yds flat.

Gary
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. "
Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby howie54 » 17 Nov 2013, 15:28

One of my mates use the JSB Express in his Steyr with good results. Haven't tried them yet myself. Would imagine perhaps its swings and roundabouts with them? Maybe flatter tajectory but then would be affevted a bit more by the wind. But I think I might get a tin to try anyway. :)
howie54

Postby JUD » 17 Nov 2013, 21:19

Tried them along with the AA equivalent. Found they take a bit more wind so have gone back to 8.4's for the winter league. Round 1 at NOFTC was that windy your were aiming off the face plate at 40 yards on the more exposed lanes.
JUD

Postby audi swift » 17 Nov 2013, 21:49

like JUD has said a bit to light in wind but a good pellet all the same.
audi swift

Postby Daystate Admin » 18 Nov 2013, 19:44

thanks for all the info :D
Cheers Richard
Daystate Forum built by members for everyone
www.humminbird.info
Daystate Admin
Site Admin

Postby Reddenning » 28 Nov 2014, 03:00

I've used Falcon Accuracy Plus in 177 & 22 which, as far as I can tell, are identical with the JSB Express types and they are certainly made by JSB so I assume they are badged or made using Falcon custom dies to the same design as the Express.

The 22's I'd be very happy to shoot, they fly faster so less drop and certainly seem pretty useful out to 40mtrs or so. My BSA Supersport and HW77 springers really seems to like them. I'm much less happy about the 177's since the skirts are too fragile and deform in the tin easily. When undamaged they are good in still conditions though. My HW100 and Prosport seem to shoot them well at least up to my max range of 40mtrs but certainly the Falcons have a high percentage of damaged skirts so you need to be selective.

My Daystate Wolverine C magazine doesn't like them they are more difficult to drop in and need to be given a prod to pass the retaining O ring which I think is due to deformed skirts. Also I've had mis-indexing of the mags when loaded with Falcons Accuracy Plus.
Reddenning
Reddenning

Postby 18 Wheeler » 28 Nov 2014, 09:28

Reddenning wrote:I've used Falcon Accuracy Plus in 177 & 22 which, as far as I can tell, are identical with the JSB Express types and they are certainly made by JSB so I assume they are badged or made using Falcon custom dies to the same design as the Express...

The Falcon Accuracy Plus are the same as JSB RS .177 (7.33gr) and the .22 are Exact Jumbo RS (13.43), JSB's lightest domed pellet.
The Exact express are slightly heavier at 7.87gr & 14.35gr respectively.

I've found the little lightweight .177's good in lower powered guns, and I can see a relatively lightweight .22 being handy, especially in the uk with our ME restrictions.

At 12ft/lb I've found that the Express take a fair bit more wind beyond 40 yards compared to the regular Exacts. HTH
18 Wheeler

Return to Pellet Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum