Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Whats your favourite pellet for daystate

Pellet Forum to chat about Pellets

Re: Whats your favourite pellet for daystate

Postby airwolf1 » 23 Jan 2014, 11:43

Airborne2503 wrote:My Wolverine loves the AA Diablo, 20mm groups at 60yds all day long (with lots of hold over)

Tried FTTs and DS Sovereign, they were fine at 35yds but beyond this, they opened up massively.

I am going to give the H&N Barcudas and JSB Exact heavy a go. More velocity with the heavier pellet and want to see how accurate they are at 35yds plus. I remember them being very good in my 97 up to 40yds but then opened up. Want to see if I get the same result in the Wolverine.

You will get lower velocity with the heavy pellets, better power retention at range but I think you will find the trajectory too loopy in sub 12, but let us know what you find :D
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Airborne2503 » 23 Jan 2014, 13:28

Airwolf,

I think you have just saved me a lot of money and time. As I have said in previous posts, this is my first serious PCP and I have to admit, I keep wondering there may be a better performing pellet out there for the Wolverine.

Anyway, I will take what you say on-board and keep working with the AA. Everyday is a learning day!!

Cheers mate
ATB
Marcus
Huntsman Regal .177 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40
SFS Tuned HW95 .22 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40

"Good leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. If you must be without one, be without strategy"-Dienekes, Battle of Thermopylae, 480 BC
Airborne2503

Postby salop sniper » 23 Jan 2014, 13:32

Marcus,

The Barracuda are well worth a test. My MK4 does very well with them which shows most at 50/55yards, I know another lad with a Rapid and his barrel prefers H&N Barracuda also, if it groups the best just learn the aim points just the same as you would with any other new setup ! 8-)
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby Airborne2503 » 23 Jan 2014, 23:02

OK will give em a go. I was just curious because when I put the Barracuda Extreme details into Chairgun Pro, it showed a power increase from 11.3Ft Lbs with the AA to 11.8 with the Barracuda. This would obviously show the increase of power and accuracy at range?

These PCPs act completly different when it comes to pellet weight and muzzle velocitys compared to springers.....
Cheers
Marcus

"Good leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. If you must be without one, be without strategy"-Dienekes, Battle of Thermopylae, 480 BC
Airborne2503

Postby airwolf1 » 24 Jan 2014, 14:32

Airborne2503 wrote:OK will give em a go. I was just curious because when I put the Barracuda Extreme details into Chairgun Pro, it showed a power increase from 11.3Ft Lbs with the AA to 11.8 with the Barracuda. This would obviously show the increase of power and accuracy at range?

These PCPs act completly different when it comes to pellet weight and muzzle velocitys compared to springers.....
Cheers
Marcus

Hi, Chairgun won't know what the power increase or decrease is, it has shown a power increase because you probably didn't change the velocity figure when increasing the pellet weight? The only way to get accurate results with Chairgun is to chrono your rifle with the pellet you wish to test, enter the velocity figure into Chairgun and other relevant info and it will be accurate. As Matt said Barracudas can be very accurate, but the trade off is a steep trajectory that will be harder to learn :)

A good start point for pellets is Pellet perfect, they are online and sell sample packs of pellets, much cheaper than buying full tins, just remember to clean the barrel between different brands of pellets :D
airwolf1

Postby Airborne2503 » 24 Jan 2014, 14:48

srgfthwrthrwthfgh

Airborne2503

Postby Airborne2503 » 24 Jan 2014, 14:54

oops sorry about that, that was a test and it passed....well done Daystate forum!!!

Thank Airwolf, greatly appreciated. I want to change my username to Wolverine now i have seen your avitar.
Marcus

Airborne2503

Postby Airborne2503 » 24 Jan 2014, 19:58

Airwolf,

You were right about the loopyness. Bought a tin of barracuda, zeroed at 25yds and shot the entire tin of 200 down range. Everything was really tight until I got to 45yds and then opened up to a point of where I wasnt even hitting the face of the target, let alone the kill zone.
And the hold over was extreme to say the least given the range, it was almost off the scope reticule at 47yds. If anybody walked in at the time I was aiming at 47yds they would have thought I was in the "anti aircraft role". :roll:

Thought I would just let you know mate.
I was being serious about the Airwolf avitar its a good shout, I pick up the Wolverine all the time to go hunting with, so why not have it as an avitar? ;)
Just need to figure out how to cut and paste the picture to size :lol:

Airborne2503

Postby airwolf1 » 24 Jan 2014, 23:22

When I had a. 22 in sub 12ftlb I used very light pellets to keep the trajectory as flat as possible, I found Falcon accuracy plus very good, also JSB Exact express, basically a lighter AA field, 13.4 gr if I remember correctly and being JSB made (as are AA field) accuracy is usually good.

Regarding the avatar you need to resize your pic to 150x150 pixels, if you have a problem post the pic and I will resize and repost it for you, or if it's better than mine I may have to steal it :mrgreen:
airwolf1

Postby Airborne2503 » 24 Jan 2014, 23:30

:D :D :D loving the way you do business mate.

Marcus

Airborne2503

PreviousNext

Return to Pellet Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum