Welcome to the world of
Daystate

177 Wolverine B Help, Pellets going everywhere!

Daystate Wolverine 303 Daystate develop the big bore sporting air rifle in response to great demand from airgun hunters world wide. Wolverine B / C Forum

177 Wolverine B Help, Pellets going everywhere!

Postby Simon_wright91 » 02 Feb 2016, 08:57

Ive had my gun about 3 weeks now bough second hand, and at first i was very happy with it. i took it to my range last week and was getting pellet on pellet at 33yards, yesterday when i went i was getting groups at 20 yards but at 32 they were all over and progressivly got worse the more i shot.

the guys at the range (idleback) gave me there pellet tray to try different pellets but that didn't help, it would do maybe 2 dead on but the rest were all over.

ive left it with them to have a look over, but i thought i would do my own research to what it could be.
cheer
si
Simon_wright91

Re: 177 Wolverine B Help, Pellets going everywhere!

Postby Cumbrianwolf » 02 Feb 2016, 11:37

Did you use a moderator by any chance and if so have you tried with and without it?
Also were the pellets lubed? As my .177 MK3/4 hates lubed pellets which would normally group well, but they end up like a shotgun splatter at range. Other than this have you had it on a chronograph to map the shot consistency just to rule that out?
Daystate Mk3/4 MK3 .177 upgraded to MK4 board, AGS Cobalt Redi-Mount 6-24x50 AO IR Rifle Scope, Universal Airstream MK6 carbon fibre reflex silencer.
Benjamin Trail NP pistol .177 fitted with a PAO 2x20mm scope. John
Cumbrianwolf

Postby Simon_wright91 » 02 Feb 2016, 13:20

Yeah it's got a mk6 but that didn't make a difference last week. One thing I did notice now ive sat and thought about it and got over the shock! Lol is the shroud had a slight movement.

When I shot there was a noticeable ting/ringing sound from the gun. I shot with and with out the moderator both same.

Cheers
Simon_wright91

Postby Cumbrianwolf » 03 Feb 2016, 10:37

You have the same silencer as me and like wise I have noted no discernible difference.
As for the shroud I would check all the screws which of course you will have probably done, not sure why it would be loose as they are usually well fitted. Hope someone else can add some information to this post and get your gun back up and running.
Daystate Mk3/4 MK3 .177 upgraded to MK4 board, AGS Cobalt Redi-Mount 6-24x50 AO IR Rifle Scope, Universal Airstream MK6 carbon fibre reflex silencer.
Benjamin Trail NP pistol .177 fitted with a PAO 2x20mm scope. John
Cumbrianwolf

Postby Reddenning » 12 Feb 2016, 12:36

I'd clean the bore and change the probe o ring situated within the breech. This needs to be removed with a pick, preferably a plastic hook. Removing the scope helps access. To insert the new o ring a suitable dowel or bore cleaner mop can be inserted carefully from the muzzle to form a stop so the new o ring doesn't disappear down the bore. It needs to be eased into the groove from the breech.
If that doesn't sort the issue check using a single shot loader or tray to eliminate magazine issues which can be various.

Other issues are loose barrel, clipping, scope mountings or any scope problem.

Reddenning
Reddenning

Return to Daystate Wolverine 303 / Wolverine B / C Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum