Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Accuracy question

Daystate Wolverine 303 Daystate develop the big bore sporting air rifle in response to great demand from airgun hunters world wide. Wolverine B / C Forum

Accuracy question

Postby Kerosenezen » 11 Jan 2016, 13:16

Hi folks, just got a new wolverine b, and I have a question regarding accuracy. Just to check mine!

I'm getting half inch groups at 43 yds, and I a was wondering how accurate you find these rifles to be. On average I mean. I've settled on jsb 4.52 pellets and they seem quite good, still, of course, get the odd flyer but nothing traumatic. I tend to use the mags because what's the fun in single shot?!

Any thoughts as to whether I'm on the money with this kind of accuracy or are you all getting pellet on pellet at 100yds? ;-)

Thanks folks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kerosenezen

Re: Accuracy question

Postby Squirrel_Reaper » 22 Jan 2016, 02:41

So, which pellets are you using and how many different pellets have you tried? Your groups don't look bad for 40 odd yards.

But all air rifles tend to like one pellet type over another and this will be reflected in the accuracy you will see.

My Wolverine likes JSB Exacts, Barracudas and (thankfully) Predator Polmags for hunting.
Squirrel_Reaper

Postby Cumbrianwolf » 22 Jan 2016, 12:09

I can shoot from a solid bench rest out to 40 yards and regularly group within a 5p piece using .177 RWS Superfield pellets with the occasional flyer. So I do not think your grouping is anything to worry about. As for 100yds I think that would be pushing the ballistics efficiency of a pellet a little too far even with high powered air rifle.
Daystate Mk3/4 MK3 .177 upgraded to MK4 board, AGS Cobalt Redi-Mount 6-24x50 AO IR Rifle Scope, Universal Airstream MK6 carbon fibre reflex silencer.
Benjamin Trail NP pistol .177 fitted with a PAO 2x20mm scope. John
Cumbrianwolf

Postby Roni » 11 Feb 2016, 07:56

Try crossman premier heavy pellet. Mine shoots well after some tuning on end barrel where the pellets inserted. There is a sharp edge from and around transfer port hole area need for polishing and smoothing.
Roni

Postby GreenBayPackersMan » 14 Feb 2016, 20:40

Hi ...a few months ago i treated myself to the .177 version of the .303 wolverine which is a fantastic gun ... this was my second set up hour with my new gun scope combo I wanted the most accurate zero as i could get so used my most local indoor range which is set at 25 meters and this was the result of a 10 shot group with just resting my gun on my tack bag... with the first pellet make used which are .177 Exact Premium Diablo which seemed to suit straight away given the group size was around a quarter size of a five pence piece.

Hope this helps ...cheers Gaz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daystate Wolverine .177... Hawke Airmax 30SF 8-32x50 ... Huggett standard silencer
Air Arms S 410 TDR ... Nikko Stirling Target Master 10-50x60 ... Huggett Belita silencer
GreenBayPackersMan

Return to Daystate Wolverine 303 / Wolverine B / C Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum