Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Airwolf wont turn on.

Daystate Air Wolf MCT the ultimate in high-tech hunting air rifles that features the very latest in on-board refinements to make it easier than ever to achieve great shooting results

Airwolf wont turn on.

Postby AvioMac » 04 Jun 2016, 19:01

Is there a reset or a fuse on the Airwolf MCT . I checked keylock switch, Battery, charge port, etc LCD does not light up nor does the switch .
AvioMac

Re: Airwolf wont turn on.

Postby Mantonflint » 04 Jun 2016, 19:38

The electronic Daystates such as Mk4 and Airwolf are generally not prone to electrical problems. However batteries don't last forever. The battery on my Airwolf lasted for about six years, I charge it overnight on the first of every month. Do you hear a bleep when you plug the charger in and switch on? I suggest that you remove the barrelled action from the stock, unscrew the large metric bolt on the underside of the stock, check the battery connections back to the circuit board, check that there isn't any damage to the wires, they can sometimes get trapped replacing the action. The battery voltage should be checked against the spec on the label.
New batteries are available from Daystate or BAR;
http://www.airgunbuyer.com/Showproducts ... ccessories
If you decide on a new battery you need to have your rifle number to hand.
As this forum doesn't request you to show your location in your signature I can't suggest any one local who might be able to help you. Screw the stock bolt in just to nip it up to contact and then tighten about one sixth of a turn.
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby AvioMac » 04 Jun 2016, 22:06

Thank you for your reply. With separate charger Battery charges full to 10.6v, Key switch shows continuity so does the safety switch, I measure Battery voltage at safety switch when turned on as well. I cannot even enter programming mode. There are no lights, LCD or noises that come on even when using Daystate supplied charger. I have continuity from charge port to main board, Trigger shows continuity as well. I am thinking a Main board problem. If so any ideas as to how much these are?
AvioMac

Postby Mantonflint » 04 Jun 2016, 22:40

Where are you located?
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Mantonflint

Postby AvioMac » 04 Jun 2016, 22:58

Columbus Ohio
AvioMac

Postby Mantonflint » 05 Jun 2016, 22:29

I see, I don't know of anyone who can help you there AviiMac; I would start by having a word with Airguns of Arizona, the main US agent for Daystate. I haven't heard of a rifle just "dying" as you describe, I'm sorry that I can't help you with anything positive.
I have sent you a PM.
Brian
Mantonflint

Postby Skip in WV » 06 Jun 2016, 02:58

Mine is 4 years old. The electronics died. Battery was Ok, but replaced it. Turned on all I got was a bar on the display. Pulling the trigger it went into setup. The board had to be replaced about $500.
Skip in WV

Return to Daystate Air Wolf MCT Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum