Welcome to the world of
Daystate

sooooo: long.

Daystate Air Wolf MCT the ultimate in high-tech hunting air rifles that features the very latest in on-board refinements to make it easier than ever to achieve great shooting results

sooooo: long.

Postby pigglewik3p » 26 Jan 2016, 12:39

thanks for the welcome chaps, has any one shortened their wolf (43inch)by removing the shroud and reflex mod and fitted a barrel adaptor for a moderator, i have done this (now 40 halfinch with stubby mod)and the rifle is much better and more pointable but the barrel is quite flimsy (12.7mm) and tends to resonate a bit but the poi is still spot on. was thinking of having a barrel made up to fit probably bsa weihrauch 16mm, what are your views on this is it a good idea.would the hugget or a carbine shroud from daystate do the job, love the rifle but want it a bit shorter. cheers.
pigglewik3p

Re: sooooo: long.

Postby pigglewik3p » 29 Jan 2016, 18:58

update to above post;; . bare barrel and stumpy mod (very quiet) put 500 pellets through (.177 bis mags)and accuracy is brilliant so leaving as is (not changeing barrel). i was useing wauchrauch ft specials 4.51 vary accurate but kept fouling when cycleing mag which meant every pellet had to be seated useing a toothpick, optic is a mtc connect amd reticule.
and 500cc bottle.next on my list is an adjustable cheek piece but cant find anyone to do it thats close to me (kidderminster) any info would be appreciated, thanks.
pigglewik3p

Postby Roni » 11 Feb 2016, 07:49

Longer and thicker barrel high quality will give you better shots POI. But heavier in weight.
Roni

Postby CORKY » 11 Feb 2016, 10:37

UKNeil was always the best option for adjustable cheek piece modifications, anywhere, let alone close to you. Sadly he has retired from commercial air weapon work this year. When asked for suggestions about who else to try, he suggested Tinbum for metal parts, but he is in Falmouth
CORKY

Return to Daystate Air Wolf MCT Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum