Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Airwolf MVT - leak in valve housing, pressure sensor?

Daystate Air Wolf MCT the ultimate in high-tech hunting air rifles that features the very latest in on-board refinements to make it easier than ever to achieve great shooting results

Airwolf MVT - leak in valve housing, pressure sensor?

Postby tomsz2007 » 21 Sep 2015, 16:25

New member here. Hope to find some help.

I placed my Airwolf MVT in storage two years ago with around 120 bars, after one year it was at 78 bars, and after two years it's at 33 bars. Now that I am able to go back to regular shooting I tried to fill it up but I heard a hissing sound that got louder as the pressure went up so I stopped at 100 bars. It took about 3-5 minutes for it to leak out to 33 bars again.

I took the stock off and located what seems like the source of the leak. The leak is from the valve housing assembly from what looks like the pressure sensor with three color wires going to it. The top of the pressure sensor(?) has a rubber seal that is now protruding up on one side. When I push down on it the leak stops, but that's obviously not the solution. Is the pressure sensor gone? I am pretty sure there is a way to seal it up DIY and I will need a new sensor unless there is some internal O-ring or seal that can be replaced if not machine pressure-sealed. Any idea of the cost for a new or used?

Thank you,

Tom

Added: Looked into it further and apparently the part with the wires and the rubber seal on top is the pressure sensor. Wonder if it is seated in the valve block with an o-ring and if that would solve it. On the other hand I do not like that the leak stops when I push down on the rubber seal on the very top, so the leak may be internal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomsz2007

Re: Airwolf MVT - leak in valve housing, pressure sensor?

Postby tomsz2007 » 22 Sep 2015, 02:19

Continuing my monolog...

I ordered a new sensor from AOA here in the USA. The price was reasonable by Daystate price-point standards at $100 plus shipping.

As far as removal, I was told that it simply unscrews from the valve body. It is round but has two indentations on opposite sides whereas a wrench can turn it. However, does not seem like enough space is there for a wrench in the other side (inner side). So may need to find/make a very thin nosed open end wrench to get it started.

As far as the failed sensor. I double checked and the sensor's internal seal seem to have failed. The leak is not coming from around the sensor body seat but from within the electronics circuit board inside the sensor body. I guess that as last resort one could seal up the entire top portion of the sensor with epoxy that is non-conductive and can withstand pressures over 7,000 psi or more.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tomsz2007

Postby airfan » 12 Oct 2015, 19:13

Ill have the same problem on my mct. Did you solve it? Im waiting For some gasket to cure there and Will check. Let me know you experience please!
airfan

Postby tomsz2007 » 13 Oct 2015, 01:09

I had to replace the sensor since it failed internally. It was $100USD which is by Daystate prices peanuts :(

There is a dowty washer around the sensor thread, did you check it? De-gass. Remove the tank. Remove the 5 bolts holding the valve body together. Now you can pull out the sensor away from the second half of the valve body and have access to it so you can put a wrench on it.

Here is my DOC link:

http://v2.daystateowners.com/forum/view ... =12&t=8502
tomsz2007

Postby airfan » 15 Oct 2015, 22:02

thank you very much . At the end I will order one from AoA , same thing happens to me , so ill better replace just the full sensor . The chip also failed its reading abnormal pressures .

thanks . !!
airfan

Postby tomsz2007 » 15 Oct 2015, 22:41

Make sure you have AOA include the dowty washer too. They forgot mine and I got very lucky to find one from some other project that fit.
tomsz2007

Postby LMBR » 24 Feb 2016, 14:34

If air leak via sensor ( internal part ) - carefully remove electronics with ceramic sensor. Next clean up seal and surface.
LMBR

Return to Daystate Air Wolf MCT Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum