Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Air ranger fac

Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Designed to be a ‘supergun’ amongst sporting air rifles, the Air Ranger and its extra-high power stablemate, the Air Ranger 80, bring a whole new dimension to mechanically-driven PCPs. Now you can shoot well beyond your normal limits.

Air ranger fac

Postby Hondacrf » 25 Jun 2014, 00:16

Hi lads. What's people's thoughts on a .22 air ranger running 30-40 ft pounds ?
A fancied on in .25 at 60 fpe but been adviced that is a bad idea.
A also like the look of a wolverine b type
Any advice would be great.
Hondacrf

Re: Air ranger fac

Postby salop sniper » 25 Jun 2014, 15:45

A ranger or wolf in .22 with 16gr pellets between 900fps and 950fps wil be an excellent tool and will smack quarry down hard !

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby Hondacrf » 25 Jun 2014, 20:20

Ok sound. Is there an air wolf without the electronics ?
The whole daystate range looks smart.
Hondacrf

Postby airwolf1 » 25 Jun 2014, 21:07

All AirWolfs are electronic, there are different versions though, early models don't have the screen and have a slightly different setup than the newer models with the screen :)

The newer Wolfs have two power settings so 40ftlb or 30ftlb, a ranger is fixed at the power ordered ( unless reset by a gunsmith). If you go for a Ranger I would recommend 30ftlb as you have a far more pellets to choose from, not many pellets handle 40ftlb so you become limited to only a few that not only handle the power but are accurate too :)
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Hondacrf » 25 Jun 2014, 23:39

Ok thanks for that. A never new that.
A wil get either a ranger or a wolverine do you have any thoughts on a wolverine and also what that performs best at power wise. Thanks for the help guys am finding your thoughts most helpful.
Hondacrf

Postby salop sniper » 26 Jun 2014, 15:40

I would vote to go for a Ranger.
The Wolverines are new and alot of stuff lately out of Daystate seems to be way bellow there usuall very high standard. And for that rason I would look at a second hand 2-year old Ranger !

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby Hondacrf » 26 Jun 2014, 22:01

Ah really. A rang daystate today asking questions. And I asked how many wolverines they had returned with faults and was told there was less rangers than wolverines.
A will be looking for a second hand ranger. A just don't want a bad one but I suppose that's the chance you take with second hand.
Are daystate just having a few teething problems in there new factory or has there quality dropped beyond repair
A have always like the look of daystate air weapons let's hope normal service returns soon.
Hondacrf

Postby airwolf1 » 26 Jun 2014, 23:24

The Ranger is a truly great rifle, the new Wolverine B types are similar but have new features like anti double load etc, they are only available at just over 30ftlb, for some reason :?: . Personally I haven't seen these "issues" that are often talked about, I would assume that the reported issues occurred during the factory move. I ordered a B type for an employee through my friend who is and RFD and it arrived early with no problems, looks fantastic and performs brilliantly :D
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Rob » 27 Jun 2014, 07:48

Try to obtain an AR30 fitted with the Harper slingshot valve system. Superb performance with brilliant shotcount. I get 80 shots from a 400cc bottle.
If I have an opinion it is because I have researched it or due to life experience. It might not be the same as yours but have you done the above?
Rob

Postby Hondacrf » 27 Jun 2014, 13:05

Ok am looking for one. There is not that many second hand ones for sale
It may have to be a new one if I can't find a used one that's in vgc
Al keep looking in the mean time. If any one is following this thread and knows of a 'good' one please feel free to message me. Thanks Barry.
Hondacrf

Next

Return to Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum