Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Air ranger fac

Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Designed to be a ‘supergun’ amongst sporting air rifles, the Air Ranger and its extra-high power stablemate, the Air Ranger 80, bring a whole new dimension to mechanically-driven PCPs. Now you can shoot well beyond your normal limits.

Air ranger fac

Postby Hondacrf » 03 Jun 2014, 18:47

Hi boys and girls. Just new to this forum so a will start by sayin hi.
A have applied for my section one and would like to hear people's thoughts on air rangers with about 60 foot pounds. A would like .25 are they accurate out to 70/80 yards.
And is there any common issues with them. There not the cheapest gun on the planet so am just tryin to do some homework. Thanks in advance.
Hondacrf

Re: Air ranger fac

Postby Rob » 03 Jun 2014, 20:16

Hi. First thing to consider is what you want to do with it. If you are using it for general peat control then you only need a .22 running around 30ftlb. The bigger calibre is fine but eats air for no real gain. A .22 at 30ftlb flies flatter than a sub12 .177 and hits anything you could class as quarry very hard. It's what I have :mrgreen:
If I have an opinion it is because I have researched it or due to life experience. It might not be the same as yours but have you done the above?
Rob

Postby airwolf1 » 03 Jun 2014, 20:57

As Rob says general pest control then that power level is not really needed but if you really need 70-80 yards then the gun will be ideal but you would need to handle one first, they are different to a standard Ranger in weight and length, you will also need a really good mod (don't forget to put mod on the application). I assume if your application is in then you have already asked for .25?

Info on Air Ranger extreme here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJa3DxMi ... detailpage

note the info listed below the vid on the two power levels :)
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby Hondacrf » 04 Jun 2014, 02:43

Yes my application is in. A put .25. And a moderator.
Ah right so what would be a nice power level in .25 ?
My quarry ranges from pigeons on the fields to rabbits they are my intended targets if my fac is granted.
My shoots are very open and don't have much cover.
A handled a sub 12 air ranger at my local rfd it was everything i thought it would be.
Thanks for the replies guys. It all helps. :)
Hondacrf

Postby Mantonflint » 04 Jun 2014, 08:54

In agreement with Rob and Airwolf1's comments above; I myself wouldn't go for .25 FAC air for most UK pest control purposes (rabbit and pigeon). A .25 pellet needs velocity to provide reasonable trajectory, that uses a large amount of air, the discharge of which creates a very loud muzzle report needing a large firearms mod if you wish to be discrete. The overall length/weight of such a rifle with suitable mod will be appreciable.
A .22 Air Wolf or Air Ranger would be a much better tool for the job IMO; as you say your land is open a .22 rimfire with sub-sonic ammunition is likely to be a hell of a lot cheaper and more effective. At approx 100 foot pounds muzzle energy it's also very quiet and accurate. I go as far as to suggest its certainly not too late to change your application if you wish. I'm sure that your Firearms Registry would be pleased to help you in any way they can.
Have a look at this video, he tells it the way it is; http://www.sh-pc.co.uk/My_Videos_on_Youtube.html
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Hondacrf » 04 Jun 2014, 12:48

Ok lads that's helpful. A wish a had joined the forum and asked the question earlier.
I have always had the concept 'bigger the better' not in this case. A will learn..... Maybe :roll:
Hondacrf

Postby salop sniper » 04 Jun 2014, 14:29

Sorry Fella, I have to agree with the others also, .22 at 38-30ftlb is a fantastic tool and is where I spent my money.
I have a FAC Huntsman as I dont need more than 20-25 shots for an outing 20+ bunnys is more than enough to lug around.
My huntsman is set to bob on 30ftlb with Bisley magnums but I preffer to use 16grn JSB exacts as do alot of folk running .22 FAC Air, although I will give 18grn JSB exacts ago also and these run at 28ftlb but are still enough to pass straight through quarry at 80/90 yards leaving the quarry very dead after a great impact.

Its worth calling your FLO / fire-arms dept and asking them to amend it for you to: .22.

Also I would go for a Wolf with an IS screen if you want the bigger shot count or even a MK4 IS.

ATB

Matt 8-)
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby Hondacrf » 04 Jun 2014, 22:17

Year ok a will give my firearm dept a ring in the morning.
A have a bsa r10 with a bowkett blueprint a bought new last year a was going to keep that for my rat shoot
But a might as well save some considerable money and get that to 30 foot pound if my fac is accepted.
Am not keen on the electronic air guns. Am sure there faultless. Am a mechanical person.
A have found all the advice very helpful. Thank you to all the members who has shed light on my question.
Hondacrf

Postby salop sniper » 04 Jun 2014, 23:41

Fair play, I happen to love both so thought it worth mentioning !

Please keep us posted as it's nice to see others succeed and enjoy the versatility of FAC Air, it really is authoritative at putting quarry down in comparison to sub 12ftlb!

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby Hondacrf » 05 Jun 2014, 17:53

Year a will do for sure.
Just out of curiosity what would be a optimum power level at .25 cal. Fac ?
Hondacrf

Next

Return to Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum