Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Different stock.

Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Designed to be a ‘supergun’ amongst sporting air rifles, the Air Ranger and its extra-high power stablemate, the Air Ranger 80, bring a whole new dimension to mechanically-driven PCPs. Now you can shoot well beyond your normal limits.

Re: Different stock.

Postby evohuntsman » 08 Apr 2015, 20:42

stryder5,
the inlet on the airwolf is larger than the air ranger,,rather than take wood out I think he will need to put wood in
anything is possible , but the op asked if an airwolf stock would fit his ranger,, I think that after spending money on a stock that looks nice and butchering it ,,I think he will find that he will be able to make it fit but he will be very disappointed at the outcome
Wolverine b .177
Wolverine c .22
Huntsman classic .22
Airwolf CDT .22
Airwolf mct tactical .177
Air ranger .177
HW100KT .177
Air Arms s410 .22
Evolution20 nightvision
evohuntsman

Postby stryder5 » 08 Apr 2015, 21:10

evohuntsman wrote:stryder5,
the inlet on the airwolf is larger than the air ranger,,rather than take wood out I think he will need to put wood in
anything is possible , but the op asked if an airwolf stock would fit his ranger,, I think that after spending money on a stock that looks nice and butchering it ,,I think he will find that he will be able to make it fit but he will be very disappointed at the outcome

Without looking at exact differences it's difficult for me to call, but if you need to make it smaller it is easier, there are great products out there like PolyMorph and Suga that really are simple to use and the results are stunning.

Agreed to have to be handy with your imagination and skills, but oh so doable.
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. "
Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby rangerifle » 09 Apr 2015, 13:31

Little teaser :)
Tommorow i will have the stock. Former owner told me that i need to cut two little holes. One for the safety mechanism and one for the trigger guard. Also i will have fill the stock to be able to fit the action tightly.
But, i will be able to shoot with this stock after cuting only the hole for the safety mechanism.
Maybe you want to ask me why bother doing all this... My ranger is heavily tuned. It makes 30 shots from 130 to 100 bar with 38 ftlbs in just 10 feet extreme spread. The groups at 55 yards are maximum 10 mm ctc. All this with factory stock.
But it is very pellet fussy.
rangerifle

Postby rangerifle » 23 Apr 2015, 15:42

Sorry for the delay.

So, this is my b.r. stock from the inside. Note the area marked red. This is the part of the stock which will be filled to match the factory one.

Factory stock:

And finally the area where the pressure is applied by the factory stock, but not by the benchrest stock:

First thing was to cut this hole or otherwise the action wont fit the new stock:

Now these are pictures from the filling process:

The final result is perfect!!! The stock fits like glove!

And the rifle in all its beauty with some stickers from past events...

If you have some questions please dont hesitate to ask!
rangerifle

Postby kaymay1993 » 23 Apr 2015, 21:27

Mate nice one well done it looks good how does it shoot?
kaymay1993

Postby rangerifle » 24 Apr 2015, 06:48

Look at the bottom row of targets. The top row is shot with bad tin of pellets. The small holes are from .177cal.
These groups of 5 shots were shot at 50 meters with no compensation for the wind, i was aiming at the same point. Small squares are 5x5mm
At this distance rifle groups 5 shots at maximum 10mm ctc if i аdjust for the wind. Usually groups are from 5 to 8 mm

rangerifle

Postby Daystate Admin » 24 Apr 2015, 07:45

Cracking posts lads
Cheers Richard
Daystate Forum built by members for everyone
www.humminbird.info
Daystate Admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Daystate Air Ranger an Air Ranger 80 Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum