Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Gone but not forgotten

A place to talk about anything from cars to over sports or hobbies

Gone but not forgotten

Postby 18 Wheeler » 11 May 2014, 07:22

It's hard to believe that it is two years ago today that PeteM (Pete Mountford) passed away. One of the nicest gents you could ever wish to meet. He dealt with his illness with dignity and made the most of his time, whilst leaving a lasting impression on many of his shooting buddies.

He helped run the DOC when Tony T was struggling to deal with the workload, and really liked his Daystates.

He loved being down at the Greyhound showing off his Daystate Sable!

Gone but definitely not forgotten, I'll blast a few knockdowns in his memory today and make a trip to the Greyhound around this time each year as a nod towards one of the good guys.

Cheers Pete! It was good knowing you.
18 Wheeler

Re: Gone but not forgotten

Postby stryder5 » 11 May 2014, 07:57

I did not know Pete, but it sounds like it would have been a privilege .

Gary
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. "
Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby CORKY » 11 May 2014, 10:18

I had a Mk4 called Pete. No surprise , I bought it from PeteM. It was in great condition, he had worked his magic on the stock, and fitted a match trigger. I was treated to a cup of tea, none of your old mugs, proper tea cup and saucer, and was shown round his gun room. He even offered to sort out my washing machine... the things you talk about..... The Mk4 has just been sold on to another great guy, from Kidderminster, Pete would be pleased the Mk4 has gone to a good home.
CORKY

Postby audi swift » 11 May 2014, 10:36

RIP Pete :(

Time does fly by & 2 years all ready.

Pete was one of the nicest gents you could have meet along with being a good old sod at wind ups as he did like a good laugh or 2. I remember the last time we meet up at the greyhound, & as you know nick he was in to his watches big time so we had a quick chat before uk Neil had to take Pete back home as he was feeling bad. it was only a couple of weeks after that meet Pete sadly passed away, but like you say he never gave up & he carried on the best he could each & every day.

It was my honor & my pleasure to be asked to do the fundraising for Pete's family & his chosen causes. so I have to say a BIG thank you to all the shooters both air gunners & fire arms that came together with the company's who gave us some great items to sell or auction off to get the great grand total that we ALL made for the causes !.

however I can not believe it as been a while now since another great person as passed & that person is tony tyrer. he is sadly missed for a few reasons, because he was another gent who carried on the best he could till the end. we know he could be a bit marmite with some people but his heart was in the right pass & his knowledge that he had was 2nd to none. never mind his funny witty humour, life of brain was played at his funeral so that says it all.... RIP mate.

sorry to waffle on folks just 2 people who are sadly missed by me & helene.

should be =
PS I myself would like one on them daystate sable's soon, as Pete loved them & they are great little light weight rifles.
audi swift

Postby brennan » 15 May 2014, 15:52

i remember my first proper post on the original owners forum.
all went a bit pete tong with a most unfortunate spelling mistake.
meant to say first DAY with the huntsman, but come out first GAY with the huntsman.
you can understand the ribbing i got for that one pete, tony and beata had a field day, but what a lot of people didn't know was that pete PM'd me to see if i wanted to have the thread deleted to save a new member embarrassment. obviously i said NO let it run and it did.
what happy days they were.
all ,in good jest.
and all well missed.
when i grow up i want to be sensible, but until then...............:)
brennan

Postby audi swift » 15 May 2014, 16:09

brennan wrote: beata

:lol: I can remember your first post mate & yes I was laughing my head off too !, also what happened to beata ? does anyone know ??.
audi swift

Postby brennan » 15 May 2014, 16:48

last i heard when he went a bit quiet on the original forum was he was very ill.
didn't want to pry but never heard from him again.
really sad as one of the funniest guys on there.
when i grow up i want to be sensible, but until then...............:)
brennan

Postby audi swift » 15 May 2014, 16:56

:( With you saying he was ill I just remembered that he was ill as its been a fair while since I spoke to him myself.
there was a good old bunch of folks on there a few years back who are not around these days sorry to say for a few reasons, be it they have moved on or sold up etc etc.

p,s I will have to contact KIM as its been a while since I have heard off him. he had a huntsman made up in petes memory & tony t helped him to do it.
audi swift

Postby Spider1V » 16 May 2014, 13:34

Did not know Peter, but he sounded like one nice guy to know, however I did know Tony, and he was the one who very kindly got me started into the whole PCP rifle shooting. A great guy and ever so helpful. May they both rest in peace.

Spider1V
You will regret that for the rest of your life......................... both seconds.
Spider1V

Tony T

Postby 18 Wheeler » 30 Jul 2014, 09:37

A year today that Tony T passed away.

It was his effort in starting the old DOC that ultimately lead to this forum. I think he'd have liked this incarnation of his original idea. Always a strong advocate for Daystate, he wasn't averse to criticising them when he felt they'd got it wrong... limited editions were a particular niggle of his 8-) .

I doubt he'd have liked any over sentimentalising so today I shall get the Mk3 out and smack my newly painted knockdowns in his remembrance.

RIP Tony
18 Wheeler

Next

Return to Lounge - none Daystate chat

Who is on the Daystate Forum