Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Please help me pick a scope

The Daystate Huntsman Classic combines all the elements of a fine, traditional sporting air rifle in a lightweight, compact design that’s a joy to shoulder, whether you’re out in the hunting field or on the competition range.Huntsman Regal

Re: Please help me pick a scope

Postby bagnon » 03 Feb 2017, 20:31

I have this, and I'm quite happy with it, for the same range that you need:

http://www.hawkeoptics.com/sidewinder-6 ... r-pro.html
bagnon

Postby daystate395 » 04 Feb 2017, 23:53

I have two Hawk scopes 4-12X50 and 6.5-20X42. I would highly recommend this brand. I have one on my AA TX200 and the other on my Daystate Regal XL. They are clear and the adjustments are accurate.
daystate395

Postby ag101 » 07 Feb 2017, 00:06

You didn't mention anything about price range, so I'll let you know that I lean more towards the budget side of things. :) No doubt there are better choices that what's listed below, but these are affordable for most.

I have a Hawke Airmax 30 SF 4-16x50, which is a great scope, but it's definitely on the heavy side at 27.5 ounces. It was mounted on my Regal XL for a while until I decided to look for something lighter. After some web research, I settled on a Vortex Sidewinder 4-12X40 AO w/BDC reticle. It's not as feature-rich as the Hawke, but at about 1/2 the price and 1/2 the weight, still a decent option. The reduction in weight was a noticeable and welcome change.

Biggest drawbacks to the Vortex are, AO is harder to adjust than side-focus, and the reticle is non-illuminated with somewhat thicker crosshairs. It's still overall an excellent scope, especially for the money, mine was $199 USD with free shipping.
ag101

Return to Daystate Huntsman Classic & Huntsman Regal Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum