Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Vintage Walthers

Other Air Rifle Manufacturers area to talk about air rifles that arent Daystate

Vintage Walthers

Postby 18 Wheeler » 28 Apr 2014, 22:01

Fellow forum members, some true classics for your perusal. :)
_DSC6970.jpg

The idea was to do some pellet testing, but then I got carried away and started plinking 8-)

_DSC6975.jpg

Vintage 10m match air rifles (550-600 pfs with Exacts) and diopter sights can be surprisingly accurate...

Walther Groups 35yd 28Apr14 (Small).jpg

35 yard, 5-shot groups, 0.52" for the LGV-S and 0.67" for the LGR. The later required me to aim-off as I didn't want to disturb the zero, so I'm not surprised that the group opened up a little.

Anyone else got some golden oldies?

Happy shooting, Nick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
18 Wheeler

Re: Vintage Walthers

Postby Mantonflint » 28 Apr 2014, 22:55

Three superb quality classic air rifles you have there Nick. I have a Feinwerkbau 300s Recoilless which is currently fitted with a short Zeiss scope, a brilliant rifle and great fun to shoot.
I'm just back from the range, I've been shooting a couple of classic Winchester's; a .44-40 and a .38-56 with a combined age of over 200 years. They're still capable of producing a one hole group from the bench, I better get 'em cleaned up! ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby audi swift » 29 Apr 2014, 01:44

some nice set ups there mate very clean looking rifles dear sir, & I am also thinking about getting some diopter sights for a rifle in the next up & coming months. as I first use diopter sights when uk neil did my hw77 v-mach kit only a couple of shots in his workshop :? but it made a change from scopes.
however I used to use open sights a lot when I first started shooting back in the early 80's so I might have a fun rifle ( don't know which or what as yet ) to plink about & have some good old fun shooting at some ranges using the above diopter sights sights.

also Brian you are still a sod for having them nice rifles mate :lol: :P
audi swift

Postby 18 Wheeler » 29 Apr 2014, 21:57

audi swift wrote:some nice set ups there mate very clean looking rifles dear sir...
...also Brian you are still a sod for having them nice rifles mate :lol: :P

Get over it Kenny, Brian and I obviously have good taste. :lol:

Diopter? I may have a Gamo one you can have as part of our "special deal", they are only a pressed tin affair but are ok. If you're looking at buying then go for the "Swiss Arms" version which is more robust but still at the budget end of the spectrum http://nmproducts.co.uk/swiss-arms-diopter-sight-p-67094.html.
18 Wheeler

Postby audi swift » 29 Apr 2014, 22:11

:P cheers nick for the offer mate & watch folks ask what "special deal" :lol: ;)
audi swift

Postby 18 Wheeler » 30 Apr 2014, 08:49

audi swift wrote::P cheers nick for the offer mate & watch folks ask what "special deal" :lol: ;)

That's between you, me and Lene :o :lol:

Those who need to know, already do. Image
18 Wheeler

Postby audi swift » 30 Apr 2014, 09:34

:?

ha-ha no comment on this one,,,,,,
audi swift

Return to Other Air Rifle Manufacturers

Who is on the Daystate Forum