Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Merlyn X2 .177 Price

Daystate chat area to talk about things that don't belong in any other forum section

Merlyn X2 .177 Price

Postby JBEECH » 04 May 2016, 14:32

Good Afternoon All,

I've been offered a Daystate Merlyn X2 with scope (not sure about the make of scope) for £400. I've looked around the web for a bit to see if I can find another for sale to see if this is a good or reasonable price, but can't find any for sale.
Any guidance on whether or not the rifle is worth this much and whether it is a good rifle in the first place would be much appreciated. As you've probably guessed I'm new to the world of PCPs and air gunning in general so any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Jon
JBEECH

Re: Merlyn X2 .177 Price

Postby mnala » 06 May 2016, 15:49

Hi, Jon everybody ignoring you request! Sorry mate it happens. Well I'm no expert on Daystate but have seven other pcp's, just got a Daystate air ranger .177 and love it.
I've been looking and you're right, can't find any for sale, £400 seem ok if it's in good condition. They were produced 2003 to 2009 and have regulator. The price will depend on the condition, as it's at least 7yrs old it may have had a lot of use, you can tell by looking at the stock walnut marks very easy . The make of the scope, and how many magazines come with it will affect the price , new magazines are £55 each. Looks a geat gun maybe thats why no one is selling . If you bought it hope you enjoy.
Regards Alan. Also a new member.
mnala

Postby mnala » 06 May 2016, 16:16

Hi, is there anybody out there. Come on help a new member with his question .
Because I'm now curious . One at a time don't all rush at once .
Regards Alan.
mnala

Postby mnala » 07 May 2016, 15:22

Well Jon i asked this question on BBS and a chap said " it's a bargain if it's in good condition, i have one and would never part with it ". Only one reply out of 93 views .
Regards Alan.
mnala

Postby Mantonflint » 08 May 2016, 09:55

Hi both, the Merlyn x2 is a nice rifle, £400 sounds a good price. You don't state the calibre Jon but if it suits your purpose and when you examine the rifle it appears to be in excellent condition I would buy it. In a private sale the gun is probably worth the money without scope and mounts. Is it offered for private sale or from a dealer with a guarantee?
It's a pity this forum doesn't request members to fill in their locations as this assists other members to provide local recommendations for servicing etc. An excellent Midlands based outfit is SCR Airguns, Dave is very experianced and is Daystate approved.; http://www.scr-airguns.co.uk

As to the number of readers of the original post, it's typical. One can put a fair amount of effort into a response and never see another word on the subject. A lot of members come and go and I find in general that the same commitment to shooting by air rifle users is generally less than that given by those who have the long term commitment of an FAC/SGC holder. That said there is a core of keen members with a lot of experiance and some great threads develop, more than a few from our US members; it has been very quiet on here recently; it's a busy time of year for me as I do a lot of pest control and air rifles are very much a secondary interest.
Safe shooting,
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Mantonflint » 14 May 2016, 23:48

Another dead thread?
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Return to Daystate Chat

Who is on the Daystate Forum