Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Rabbits like Buses

Daystate Hunting Forum there are photos of dead animals , over 18 yrs old only this is a hunting forum so if you don't want to see it don't click on it

Rabbits like Buses

Postby salop sniper » 06 Jun 2014, 15:08

Well after a 18 month lack of bunnys it seems they have all come back at once.

I now have 4 permitions all wanting me to go and tend to the rabbit numbers 8-)
A dairy farm that normally holds a load, a small holding that i cleared 4 years ago and has been barren since, another dairy farmer wants 4 fields hitting real hard and my place of work :shock:

A good job I have just ordered some more pellets, am going to need them. I have my 12ltr dive bottle, my farthers 12ltr bottle and a 3ltr bottle available to use and am going to get them all filled as I think I may be needing it.
Going to give the butcher the heads up also and hopefully set to them next week.
Looks like my evenings and weekends just got taken up, the mrs will be most "pleased" when I pluck up the courage to tell her :lol:

Anyone else now getting busier with the bunnys ?

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Re: Rabbits like Buses

Postby audi swift » 06 Jun 2014, 18:46

:P nice one matt glad you are busy shooting & not working all the time now
audi swift

Postby Daystate Admin » 06 Jun 2014, 19:34

lucky thing sounds like lots of bunnys on the menu
Cheers Richard
Daystate Forum built by members for everyone
www.humminbird.info
Daystate Admin
Site Admin

Postby airwolf1 » 06 Jun 2014, 19:45

I think we are in the middle of a bunny boom :D numbers seemed low last year, i assume due to the freezing temperatures and snow at the start of the year. This year i only recall one minor frost, even the nettles didnt die back fully here!, i think this is why the numbers are so high. I have never seen so many on my permissions, a bit of a bummer because i have just got a centrefire rifle because last year i got pissed off seeing more foxes than rabbits :lol:
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Postby salop sniper » 06 Jun 2014, 21:18

Kenny, don't worry am trying to fit this all in as well as work which currently is day 1 of 7 providing 24hr call out cover for work on top of my regular hours of work ! Broom up bum currently.

ATB

Matt
salop sniper

Postby Mantonflint » 06 Jun 2014, 23:54

"Anyone else now getting busier with the bunnys ?

ATB, Matt"

On the new 80 acre shoot the rabbits are thriving, bunching together in sixes and sevens to feed in the evening, groups all over the place, I've been using the semi-auto to very good effect, the rabbits are in fine condition.
The land has a sizeable pine wood with very tall trees, loads of grey squirrels with scrapes everywhere, great with the FAC air rifles. There is also the usual fox population, plenty of good cover, also signs of mink and roe deer. The land isn't farmed and is very private; the meadow valley is quite undulating providing good bullet stops for up to .308. I've got plenty work on, have just arrived home after a good evenings shooting. ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby audi swift » 07 Jun 2014, 09:14

matt I remember you saying you are getting busy at work & now you really must have a 'Broom up your bum' so to speak, with work, family, & all them lovely shooting permissions that you must go to ! :D

Brian I was going green with envy when I read your post :mrgreen:. as your new shooting permission sounds ideal, so good luck on that one mate.
audi swift

Postby salop sniper » 07 Jun 2014, 12:01

It's to early to say for sure yet but my lamp man is tied up with ill elderly parents so I may have to look for a hand keeping up with the demand !

ATB

Matt
salop sniper

Postby salop sniper » 24 Jun 2014, 22:55

As some of you saw on FB last week I had a good session out with the FAC Huntsman and finished with 10 bunnys down.
This evening I went again but from my parents house which is close buy as i am on call for work. Because of the nature of my work I couldnt have my rofles with me so i had to rob my dad`s AA S410 .177 as they live between the permition and work so if i got called out I could return the rifle on my way into work !

Well I was only there an hour and bagged 5 bunnys......Gotta say the AA S410 .177 was very accurate and a pleasure to use and thats at range too ! :roll: :lol: 8-) :D

I got back home just to a text from the land owner to say half hour after I left there were 10 back out in the paddock at the rear of the house!

ATB

Matt
salop sniper

Postby Bunnybasher » 29 Jun 2014, 01:27

Bunnies are out and about for sure. I Have just got a Wolverine up and running that I bought on this site.
This is part of of the haul from my first shoot with it tonight. 45-50 meter head shots. Quite impressed with it. I'll strip and rebuild the Wolverine when i get a chance but as the bunnies are out and about for the time being I'll use it as is. Polishing and trigger job can wait. Happy hunting.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bunnybasher

Return to Daystate Hunting Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum