Welcome to the world of
Daystate

A couple hrs before work!!

Daystate Hunting Forum there are photos of dead animals , over 18 yrs old only this is a hunting forum so if you don't want to see it don't click on it

A couple hrs before work!!

Postby hillbilly » 06 Apr 2015, 20:49

After speaking to Mike Saturday nite, we arranged to have a session, down in the woods, at my place. Getting up early Sunday morning, I was just about ready when Mike arrived. So off we went, a couple woody left in a hurry, as we enter the wood, as its only a small one, about an arce, we were quickly into the hide we have. Things soon settled down. the first chance fell to myself, which i promptly missed, usual mickey taking followed. The next chance fell to Mike, and yes there was some more mickey taking. After about 10 -12 more coming in but no shot on, I finally managed to get a bead on a pair of woody, i picked up the theoben and took aim, after checking them out through the the scope, i took aim on the right hand one, flicked the safety off, took up the first stage, a bit more pressure and the .22 defiant was on its way, and with a satisfying thud, the woody dropped out the tree. The sound of the impact caused another to move presenting mike with a clean shot, which he promptly dropped, giving bracken 2 to find in the wild onion\garlic. than i missed a squirrel, which to be fair was not easy shot!! than Mike had a series of missis and the mickey taking to go with it. I missed a couple, including a sitter, which I even took the piss out of myself for that one!!! Than a squirrel came through the tree tops, I managed to get a bead and sent the pellet on its way, a sold hit, but it didn't drop, but the second court it just right and it was dead before it left the branch it was sat on. A short time later another woody casein and I had a nice clear shot, which i didn't pass on, another solid thud, and another woody in the bag. After another 20 mins or so I left Mike to it, as i had so stubble to rip up ready for ploughing, but i had dinner in the bag so I was happy, I have not spoke to Mike so not sure what his final total was. Anyway until next time may all your shots be straight and true !!
hillbilly

Re: A couple hrs before work!!

Postby Gamegetter » 07 Apr 2015, 18:48

Ok Kev, managed to bag a brace of pigeons , a squirrel and a jay :D although those bloody twigs kept jumping in front of the barrel ! :lol:

Mike :D
BTAS Theoben HFT 400 .177 MTC mamba -lite 4-16x44
Hatsan AT 44 Tactical .25 Bushnell Legend 5-15x40 AO
AirWolf CDT .177 MTC mamba 4-16x50 IRS
HW 35E .22 ( Early model)
Gamegetter

Re: A couple hrs before work!!

Postby hillbilly » 08 Apr 2015, 07:13

thats your excuse!! and your'll stick to it lol!!
hillbilly

Return to Daystate Hunting Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum