Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Next daystate gun and scope combo

Daystate Hunting Forum there are photos of dead animals , over 18 yrs old only this is a hunting forum so if you don't want to see it don't click on it

Next daystate gun and scope combo

Postby Andy116133 » 17 Jan 2015, 21:42

Good evening,

Please can I have some advice on what gun to buy next I currently have a huntsman regal .177 with mtc lite scope.
I am looking at buying another gun and scope in .22 I will be using he gun for hunting and target plinking. I would like some thing that has a higher shot count as at the moment the regal can only get 10 to 15 shots due to the power setting.

Regards

Andy
Andy116133

Re: Next daystate gun and scope combo

Postby Mantonflint » 17 Jan 2015, 23:40

Hi Andy, I realise that you're in Poland and that your Regal is FAC. From memory I think your .177 is running around 17fpe/23joules, .177 are not efficient on shot count as compared with .22.
I would check out the specs on the Daystate site, you could consider a Mk4 30fpe or an Air Wolf 40fpe in .22.
Power is nominal dependent on rifle and pellet used. Both rifles currently use MCT technology and are of course electronic. Perhaps the best option for you would be an Air Ranger mechanical rifle in FAC .22. Bear in mind that the AW and AR are bulky heavyish rifles but superb in the field.
There is also the Wolverine mechanical rifle, due out is a new model electronic rifle which may be a Wolverine with totally new features.
Should you wish to consider an older CDT Mk4 or Air Wolf, you need to factor in the cost of a service. ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Re: Next daystate gun and scope combo

Postby CORKY » 18 Jan 2015, 13:53

One thing you must consider is servicing or replacement parts in your country. Daystate will not supply "component parts" to a private person for a rifle that left their factory over 12ft lbs, they will only supply one of their dealers or a Registered Firearms Dealer. Finding and fitting a part for an electronic rifle , from Daystate will be a hassle. (I know, I have tried for other foreign based owners) Finding a fix for a Ranger... easy. The bolt pull and trigger release on the electric rifles is VERY light, but if you haven't used it, you won't miss it, moving from the Huntsman to the Ranger. I hear that the Ranger is suited to HIGH power output, but then you are into the realm of special pellets, but it will mean you are not limited to rabbits and squirrels
CORKY

Return to Daystate Hunting Forum

Who is on the Daystate Forum