Welcome to the world of
Daystate

My day state airwolf

Show use what your Daystate looks like by posting a picture of it

My day state airwolf

Postby farmerdunk » 11 May 2016, 21:11

Hi. Here are some pics of my airwolf,with some nice wood! Unfortunately it is hardly ever used, I have owned for a couple of years and it's probably had 30 pellets through it!!! It's a FAC. It's nice to look at though :lol:
Cheers
attachment=3]image.jpeg[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farmerdunk

Re: My day state airwolf

Postby Mantonflint » 11 May 2016, 23:13

Hi and welcome to the Forum; I see your rifle is the original CDT model which I prefer, the wood in those days could be very nice indeed, I have a similar rifle with dark wood, a little earlier than yours perhaps (built 2008) mine has the black on white gauge graduated in BAR. I think you should fit a scope and use it a bit more, a .22 FAC air rifle at around 36fpe (950fps with 18grain AA Field 5.52mm pellets) is a joy to use. :)
I'm just back from a pleasant evening on my local shoot with my favourite shotgun, a lovely old sidelock, a few nice rabbits sorted and the gun cleaned, just having a beer to finish the evening.
Hoping to see some more posts from you.
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Carbon1 » 12 May 2016, 10:42

Although I prefer my carbon stock, that is a quality piece of wood.
Carbon1

Postby farmerdunk » 12 May 2016, 20:18

Hi. Thanks for the replies to my 1st post. Brian, I have just got a hawke panorama 6-18_50, hope to get this on asap. I need some mounts, reccomend any? The reason why I haven't used it is that I can get my .17hmr out and shoot asap. With the day state you have to make sure that it's charged and got air in tank!
Thanks Carbon for the kind words. I have been keeping an eye on s/h carbon .17 hmr. Carbon does look smart!
If I were to say that I may sell my airwolf on here, would I get a lot of interest? But it's a fantastic looking rifle, I wouldn't get hold of another one like it!

Thanks
Duncan
farmerdunk

Postby Mantonflint » 13 May 2016, 09:05

For mounts I recommend standard height BKL possibly double strap 263 for a number of reasons, mainly there centering system, they should mount a 50mm objective scope nice and low.
Available from Michael Tawn Airguns etc; http://www.tawnadoairguns.com/scope_mounts.php
Yes the .17 is a handy rifles for longer range bunnies, I tend to favour .22RF for quietness and less meat spoilage. Having said that it's a great pest control tool. I shoot a range of CF calibre's and have a particular interest in the British DG calibre's.
As for your AW CDT, I wouldn't part with mine for love or money, it shoots nearly as well as well as my Ripley's and that's saying something. Mine is a .22, (11.8fpe) I charge the battery on the first of every month, fill it with air at Christmas and shoot and scoot all year :)
Send me a PM if you would like any particular info or anything I can help you with, busy time of year for farming.
Keep your AIr Wolf Duncan, a truly superb rifle; you can easily maintain a walnut stock, other stocks other than solid composites etc mark very easily if you use the rifle in the field.
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Mantonflint

Postby farmerdunk » 13 May 2016, 23:39

Thanks for that Brian, I will take a look at those mounts. That's sounds a good idea, charge it up on the same day of each month,hopefully that should help me to remember to do it!
We are busy drilling the cover crops for the next door farms shoot. I think they put about 4-5000 birds down.
Know anyone who wants a l/h Webley Scott 810 semi auto. Think I will sell mine, and put it towards something else!

Duncan
farmerdunk

Postby Mantonflint » 14 May 2016, 23:12

That's a good count of birds to put down, I can see you have your hands full at the moment Duncan.
Regarding your shotgun, if I were you I would keep hold of your left-hand W&S 810, it's a handy gun, being able to add stock spacers to adjust length of pull is a bonus. If you buy another gun and are really happy with it that's the time to sell. Shotguns are very subjective, I do have a couple of modern guns, a Beretta O/U and a pig-ugly Hushpower 12B. My main interest is English guns, I shoot muzzle loaders in flint and percussion and breach loading hammer and hammerless side-by-sides in 16 and 12 bore. I have recently been extremely lucky in finding a best quality London sidelock ejector that fits me to perfection, I've been out with it on the rabbits the last couple of evenings. Do you fancy a side by side or an over and under?
Here's some photo's;
image.jpeg

image.png

image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mantonflint

Postby farmerdunk » 16 May 2016, 12:01

You've got some nice looking Guns! What o/u is it that you might sell?
I have a beretta 687 silver pigeon 3. I have been offered a new CZ Evo for £400,
Which I like the idea of. Not up your street I'm guessing! So need to sell my CZ .17
452 with whisper wildcat mod, Simmons whitetail 3-10/50 scope, bipod and sling.
Hope that picture of the pheasants was taken a while ago!!
I have found a ripley xl1 for sale£575, looks nice.
farmerdunk

Postby Mantonflint » 16 May 2016, 18:31

No, none for sale Duncan, my O/U is the same as yours. As for the CZ Evo I afraid I don't know of it and can't make any sense of what's on the net apart from the machine pistol in the US. Can you throw some light on it?
Your CZ 452 is a fine rifle for pest control in open country and sounds like a good set up. For shorter range use I prefer .22RF for its flexibility and quietness.
As for the Pheasants taken with my Flint fowler, Old Thom was built in London in 1803 and is a ten bore, I think the photo was taken the season before last.:)
Mantonflint

Postby farmerdunk » 16 May 2016, 20:12

cz-usa-cz-455-varmint-evolution.png

A photo of the cz evolution. It is the 455 model, which you can change the barrel, like the sako quad.
farmerdunk

Next

Return to Your Daystate

Who is on the Daystate Forum