Welcome to the world of
Daystate

My day state airwolf

Show use what your Daystate looks like by posting a picture of it

Re: My day state airwolf

Postby Mantonflint » 16 May 2016, 23:17

Ah, I see, a 455; I've never handled one but read a bit about it. I have a couple of SAKO Finfires which predate the Quad. One of these is the heavy, longer barrel Varmint, it's a tack driver for longer range bunnies in summer but it's very heavy to lug around. I prefer my standard Hunter version or my Anschutz.
If your interested in the 455 Varmint check out the weight and balance particularly with that cutaway stock. A lot of my rabbits are taken from sticks and I prefer a rifle with normal weight barrel. As for barrel/calibre change facility I prefer individual rifles with their own scopes. One thing for sure, the CZ 455 will be a good rifle, what calibre are you considering?
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby farmerdunk » 16 May 2016, 23:38

Either the .17hmr or .22lr. What Anschutz have you got? I was going to buy a s/h 1517 lefthand thumbhole a few weeks a go but somebody beat me to it! That was a .17hmr. I do lke my 452 but i would like something a bit lighter and shorter. And a bit different! Or could go for a ambidextrous sako, not sure if they are worth £200ish more though.
What stick do you use, i have been looking, think i will go for a tripod model.
farmerdunk

Postby Mantonflint » 17 May 2016, 19:19

As I mentioned earlier, the .17HMR is more at home on open land; as you know, due to its high velocity moderation only reduces muzzle blast. The .22RF can use ammunition with kinetic energy from 30 to 150 foot pounds. I mainly use Eley Hollow Point Subs at approx 1080fps/100fpe, extremly quiet with moderation and very accurate in my rifles. I zero at 18 and 52 yards and can supply a chart to show the reason for this.
My Anschutz is a 1415-1416 Walnut, I am at a loss to say which I prefer between it and the SAKO Finnfire. Maybe the SAKO for its exceptionally fast locktime. I like my .22's and have one or two others in pump, lever and semi-auto set up with different sights for different purposes. The little Anschutz carbines are indeed fine rifles
The Ripley XL1 is an exceptional rifle, in .22 FAC I recommended it to a forum member recently, it's a steal at the price. Only 13 were built and IMO no other air rifle has the build quality, I'm tempted myself although I have an XL1.
As well as my old Holly stalking stick I often use the Primos trigger stick, quick to deploy and height adjustable one handed. I paid less than £100. My other must have is my Leica rangefinder which is also an excellent shirt pocket size field glass.
As well as .22RF I use one or two centrefire calibre's.
Hope this helps.
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby farmerdunk » 05 Jul 2016, 21:07

A few more pictures of my Daystate with the scope on. A Hawke Panarama 6-18x50.

Thanks
Duncan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
farmerdunk

Previous

Return to Your Daystate

Who is on the Daystate Forum