Welcome to the world of
Daystate

thinking about a new scope for HFT use

Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories section the talk about Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Re: thinking about a new scope for HFT use

Postby cliveo » 23 May 2014, 21:25

kenny the only thing with the sightron is the turrets do not lock in place. dnic was knocking his sliding it in and out of his rifle bag unzeroing his scope :shock:
he has sent it back to the dealer and it has gone back to the usa to have larger bb put in the turret to make it stiffer to go from click to click.

regards
clive
Daystate Wolverine "b" .177 Hawke tac 30 10x42
Weihrauch 97kt .177 sfs stage 1 tune hawke panorama 3x9x50
air arms ftp900 mtc connect
Browning 725 12g
cliveo

Postby audi swift » 23 May 2014, 22:30

oh dear I did read about that a few times :( cracking looking scopes but that issue is a bad one for us HFT shooters.
audi swift

Postby Pod » 24 May 2014, 07:44

For me, parallax was the biggest issue when I shot HFT so the Connect would be the one for me every time. Makes a great all purpose scope too (except FT). Lightstream would be a close second as when set up right they have a very thin ring around the image which can be used to check you are looking through the scope centrally.
Pod

Postby audi swift » 24 May 2014, 10:33

cheers Paul I remember looking through tony tyrers early connect for the first time & it was strange seeing the barrel in the picture but the image was clear & very wide.
audi swift

Postby cliveo » 05 Jun 2014, 11:03

got to borrow my friends connect, the latest one with the scb2 xmas tree reticle and mounted it on my wolverine.
well glad i got to try just not for me im afraid ! my biggest issue with it is the ret is just too dam fine for me, it disappears in the gloom and makes it very hard to see, yes i know i can switch the ir on but thats not the point, would forget to switch it on before a hft comp anyway! also at twenty yards the ret disappeared on the black smk target i was using in the garden. i didnt like the way the scope dictated to me what angle to have my head on the stock as well, shame because i like the idea and concept behind the scope, just not for me!
did make me appreciate how much i prefer my hawke tac 30 when i put it back on my rifle :D

atb

clive
Daystate Wolverine "b" .177 Hawke tac 30 10x42
Weihrauch 97kt .177 sfs stage 1 tune hawke panorama 3x9x50
air arms ftp900 mtc connect
Browning 725 12g
cliveo

Postby salop sniper » 05 Jun 2014, 14:40

Kenny,

For me it would be the MTC Connect or the Bushnell. Not being sure I would go for the MTC as the starting point and go for the SCB reticule you are familair with, myself i dont like the AMD ret. The Connect is the scope I want to go for on both my FAC Huntsman and MK4.

ATB

Matt
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby 18 Wheeler » 26 Sep 2014, 19:20

cliveo wrote:kenny the only thing with the sightron is the turrets do not lock in place. dnic was knocking his sliding it in and out of his rifle bag unzeroing his scope :shock:
he has sent it back to the dealer and it has gone back to the usa to have larger bb put in the turret to make it stiffer to go from click to click.

A few of the very first ones into the country were reported to be "soft clickers"...

...all I can say is that on mine :D there's no way they would be moved by mistake, very positive in a clunk/click sort of way.

AIM Field Sports (UK importer) will do the upgrade gratis, if it had to be sent to the U.S then perhaps it was a personal import? Bigger balls would make mine overly hard :o :lol: to twiddle...

Anyway Kenny, you can have a squint through mine when we eventually meet up.
18 Wheeler

Postby audi swift » 26 Sep 2014, 20:27

cheers nick lad :D when I get back around to this question about what scope to get next it will be on a new rifle ;) . just got to sort out a more eco & better mpg car first :evil: :cry:
audi swift

Postby 18 Wheeler » 28 Sep 2014, 07:26

audi swift wrote:... just got to sort out a more eco & better mpg car first :evil: :cry:

That's easy! This has your name written all over it, literally ... :lol:
18 Wheeler

Postby Mantonflint » 28 Sep 2014, 08:13

Good one Nick, and a cracking little car in the spirit of the original Mini. ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

PreviousNext

Return to Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Who is on the Daystate Forum