Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Help Choosing Mounts

Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories section the talk about Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Help Choosing Mounts

Postby iscao » 25 Dec 2014, 21:36

Hi.
I have an mk4 panther, at 24joules with a sightron 10-50x60 on it.

The mounts i have are the totally adjustable sportsmatch atp 66, but i want to change them cause i´m having problems aligning the scope with the barrel.

I´m thinking on put the BKL 301 with risers. I need to eliminate the windage error,just by mounting the scope on the mounts.

What do you think? You recommend the BKL for this propose?

Regards
iscao

Re: Help Choosing Mounts

Postby Mantonflint » 25 Dec 2014, 22:22

BKL Mounts provide excellent scope alignment, check the height needed to clear the magazine ideally keeping the scope as low as possible. I recommend following the instructions carefully.
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Airborne2503 » 26 Dec 2014, 00:21

BKL every time mate. Can't go wrong. I get mine from intershoot, good customer feedback and very helpfull.
Huntsman Regal .177 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40
SFS Tuned HW95 .22 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40

"Good leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. If you must be without one, be without strategy"-Dienekes, Battle of Thermopylae, 480 BC
Airborne2503

Postby stryder5 » 26 Dec 2014, 10:07

If you are having scope alignment problems with adjustable mounts I do not see how non adjustable mounts will help.

BKL will mount centrally on the scope rails, but I would have thought so would ATP 66's, as they move in the horizontal plane, perhaps I misunderstand your issues.

Some barrels bore are not central to the outer diameter, is this your issue.

How are you measuring or observing your misalignment?
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. "
Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby iscao » 26 Dec 2014, 16:28

stryder5 wrote:If you are having scope alignment problems with adjustable mounts I do not see how non adjustable mounts will help.

BKL will mount centrally on the scope rails, but I would have thought so would ATP 66's, as they move in the horizontal plane, perhaps I misunderstand your issues.

Probably the problem its me dont know how to work with the bought mounts and dont have the patience to work properly with them.

I know the barrell is good, the only problem it´s the mounts, and with mounts without horizontal adjusting the problem 99% sure it´ll be corrected.

The dilema its choosing the mount. For what i read the BKL are excellent, but price. For the other side, you may know other brand of mount as good as BKL and less price.

I
iscao

Postby Mantonflint » 26 Dec 2014, 17:17

IMO BKL mounts are excellent for Air and Rimfire rifles; there unique design ensures that the scope tube is mounted in perfect alignment with the scope rail on your rifles action. BKLs also provide an extra 3mm pedestal height compared with other popular medium and high mounts; this factor can be useful on Daystate and other magazine rifles. BKLs are worth the money. ;)
Brian
BKL; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lZCXnp01G0k
BKL Solo's; http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TuJiaqDn2Hc
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby stryder5 » 26 Dec 2014, 19:18

iscao wrote:
stryder5 wrote:If you are having scope alignment problems with adjustable mounts I do not see how non adjustable mounts will help.

Probably the problem its me dont know how to work with the bought mounts and dont have the patience to work properly with them.

I know the barrell is good, the only problem it´s the mounts, and with mounts without horizontal adjusting the problem 99% sure it´ll be corrected.

The dilema its choosing the mount. For what i read the BKL are excellent, but price. For the other side, you may know other brand of mount as good as BKL and less price.

I

BKL it is then :D I would go for single strap ones, as you are using on PCP rifle, this will save money too.

Sportsmatch are a good mount, use non adjustable ones if you have difficulty obtaining BKL's
Dream each night you will live forever, live each day as though you'll die today.

Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby iscao » 28 Dec 2014, 14:20

Thanks mates :)

You think single strap mount it´ll be enough for 24 joules?

One thing, i also will use BKL risers with the mounts.

Where i can buy BKL Risers and mounts? I just know the opticswarehouse and ebay... On intershoot doesn't have, or at least doesn't show in the website.
iscao

Postby stryder5 » 28 Dec 2014, 16:59

Uttings, Tawnadoairguns, Deben.

I may be misunderstanding again, why do you need risers and mounts.

Single strap will be fine.

Whereabouts are you.

Albert Einstein
stryder5

Postby iscao » 28 Dec 2014, 21:34

The risers it's for having less clicks of discount from the 40 mt to the 50mt. At least in theory..
iscao

Next

Return to Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Who is on the Daystate Forum