Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Daystate picatinny bipod for Wolverine C

Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories section the talk about Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Daystate picatinny bipod for Wolverine C

Postby Reddenning » 14 Dec 2014, 02:07

Has anyone tried this optional bipod for their Wolverine C and would recommend for hunting?
Thanks
Reddenning

Re: Daystate picatinny bipod for Wolverine C

Postby F1JMB » 16 Feb 2015, 12:46

I have the day state bipod for my C type and it is pretty good, not as good as a Harris but it is a fraction of the cost.
F1JMB

Postby Reddenning » 03 Mar 2015, 10:46

Thanks F1JMB.
I've been having an issue with my Wolverine C which I've only now hopefully resolved after a return to DS so I haven't got round to fitting a stud yet (since I wasn't sure if the rifle might be replaced) however assuming it's OK now I'll look at the bipod again.
Reddenning
Reddenning

Postby Mantonflint » 03 Mar 2015, 20:44

I spend many hours a week on the control of vermin. I can't remember the last time I used a standard 9-13" bi-pod prone with air or rimfire; I'm generally keen to stay out of the mud and have an unobstructed sight line to the quarry, I use shooting sticks and also in summer a 30" bipod. The great advantage of the long version is that the shooter doesn't need to risk being seen by their quarry whilst trying to find something to lean on—they can stay hidden behind crops or vegetation and shoot over the top. All Bipods used for pest control should have tilt/swivel facility; I still prefer Harris.
Perhaps the best use for a standard bi-pod is for resting the rifle while you paunch your rabbits. ;)

I posted this on bi-pods some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=124
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby Reddenning » 05 Mar 2015, 01:53

Mantonflint wrote:I spend many hours a week on the control of vermin. I can't remember the last time I used a standard 9-13" bi-pod prone with air or rimfire; I'm generally keen to stay out of the mud and have an unobstructed sight line to the quarry, I use shooting sticks and also in summer a 30" bipod. The great advantage of the long version is that the shooter doesn't need to risk being seen by their quarry whilst trying to find something to lean on—they can stay hidden behind crops or vegetation and shoot over the top. All Bipods used for pest control should have tilt/swivel facility; I still prefer Harris.
Perhaps the best use for a standard bi-pod is for resting the rifle while you paunch your rabbits. ;)

I posted this on bi-pods some time ago: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=124

I'm sure you're right Mantonflint. I've used shooting sticks in the past and I don't want to grovel in the mud and in summer the vegetation is too high for a small bipod and I can't think I'll want to carry the extra weight about just for a mobile rifle stand.
Reddenning
Reddenning

Return to Air Rifle Scopes and Accessories

Who is on the Daystate Forum