Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Bipods

Air Rifle Accessories talk about any Air Rilfe Accessories on the market

Re: Bipods

Postby Airborne2503 » 06 May 2014, 17:38

I used to swear by the Harris Bi-pods but since i have invested in the new SniperSystems one, I am completly sold.

It basicly dous exactly the same as the Harris but is loads lighter which obviously effects to balance of the rifle not to mention its loads cheaper.
Yes they were struggling with the pins that latch onto the stud a year ago, however if you bur the latest model you will find they have listened to customer feedback and fixed the problem.

I have used mine extensivly on the Wolverine since Feb/Mar an all kinds of weather and had no issues or dramas what-so-ever.

ATB
Marcus
Huntsman Regal .177 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40
SFS Tuned HW95 .22 MTC Genesis UL 3-9x40

"Good leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. If you must be without one, be without strategy"-Dienekes, Battle of Thermopylae, 480 BC
Airborne2503

Postby Mantonflint » 06 May 2014, 19:28

That's good to hear Marcus; since I sorted the mounting lugs on my Sniper Systems long-leg (17-29") is on and off various rifles in the Summer months, perfect sitting or kneeling, particularly in long vegetation. The friction lock tilt leaver and graduated legs are also excellent. As for pure build quality I think that Harris have the edge, I've used one for over twenty years without any problem. I have also heard good reports of Edgar Bros. bipods.
As the actress said, "it all depends how many times one lifts one's legs up and down before it falls off". :D
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Use enough gun, I like Black Powder. Lifetime shooter; BASC member etc.
Mantonflint

Postby j33ptj » 25 May 2014, 19:37

I am going to have an Air Ranger, where is the better place to mount the bipod?

On the stock/wood or on the bottle?

Thanks
j33ptj

Postby Mantonflint » 25 May 2014, 20:15

In my opinion a properly fitted stock mounted quality sling stud is the best, Uncle Mike's are excellent, you've got to have a good idea of how you expect to use the bipod in the field. ;)
Brian
Daystate Air Wolf CDT & Mk3b RT; Ripley XL1, XL9 and AR5S FAC. Feinwerkbau 300s, Skan R32
Mantonflint

Postby j33ptj » 26 May 2014, 16:18

It will really only be used for range/tarrget shooting, 50-100m

Hunting with airguns not allowed in the Netherlands.

Robert
j33ptj

Postby Mantonflint » 26 May 2014, 18:39

j33ptj wrote:It will really only be used for range/tarrget shooting, 50-100m

Hunting with airguns not allowed in the Netherlands.

Robert

Ah ha, Robert, I didn't look at your location; if you don't already have a bipod, I find the notched leg 8 - 13 inch models are the most versatile, if it was purely for bench rest the short leg models are best. Tilt lock can be a useful advantage. ;)
Cheers,
Brian
Mantonflint

Previous

Return to Air Rifle Accessories

Who is on the Daystate Forum