Welcome to the world of
Daystate

Night vision for a day scope?

Air Rifle Night Vision Optics chat

Night vision for a day scope?

Postby airwolf1 » 22 Oct 2013, 21:10

Can anyone recommend some half decent night vision that will attach to my day scope? I am looking for something that will attach to the eye bell end of the scope, it wont need a built in illuminator as I already have a Night Master 800 that allows its red LED to be removed and swapped for an IR LED. I ideally want to find something under£500, am I asking too much??

Any thoughts welcome
Daystate Owners Club new site: www.daystateownersclub.com/forum
airwolf1

Re: Night vision for a day scope?

Postby Daystate Admin » 24 Oct 2013, 14:04

Take a look at the NiteSite . Not used one myself but played with one at a game show seem ok , or you could have a go at making one yourself for a fraction of the price

he NiteSite NS200 including the lightweight lithium Ion stock mounted Battery Pack.

This is a gun mounted unit which has a colour camera and a guaranteed range of 200 metres (dependant on your scope).

This kit contains:

1 x Colour camera module
1 x LCD screen & illuminator module
1 x Scope clamp 25mm
1 x Scope clamp 30mm
2 x Scope sleeves
1 x DC lead 1.5metres
1 x Lithium Ion Battery
1 x Fused connection lead set with 2 amp fuse
1 x Stock Mountable Battery Pouch
1 x UK Mains Battery charger
1 x Black Carry case
1 x Spare 2 amp fuse
1 x Instruction booklet
1 x 1 Year warranty card
*WARNING - Do not use any other charger to charge your NiteSite Lithium battery other than the charger supplied - doing so may cause the battery and charger to catch fire*

Night Vision for your day setup... IN MINUTES
Price: £699.00
- See more at: http://www.nitesite.co.uk
Cheers Richard
Daystate Forum built by members for everyone
www.humminbird.info
Daystate Admin
Site Admin

Postby salop sniper » 24 Oct 2013, 16:22

Myself I just dont get the attraction to NV !
.177 Daystate MK4 + Hugget Shroud system(sub 12Ft/Lb), MTC Mamba 4-14x44 IR.
.22 Daystate Huntsman FAC 30ftlb,MK5 Silencer,Hawke 4-12x50 Panorama IR.
salop sniper

Postby knuckle » 15 Nov 2013, 23:15

I'm slightly biased (see my intro in new members) but why go down the add-on route?
Direct NV is so much more efficient, offers far better clarity and is not so vulnerable to damage out in the field.

Regards, Nic.
knuckle

Postby airwolf1 » 15 Nov 2013, 23:19

Thanks guys, and Knuckle, just seen your intro, I replied, scrolled down and there you were in the night vision section :lol: thanks for your input, I hope its within the rules for you to post something on here about your kit as it would be interesting. :D

edit: have just checked the rules, it says no advertising but I suppose there is a fine line between advertising and posting an informative review of a product that happens to be yours :mrgreen: , perhaps PM the admin, (seems a really nice guy) and ask first and hopefully all will be fine. Look forward to it.
Last edited by airwolf1 on 15 Nov 2013, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
airwolf1

Postby knuckle » 15 Nov 2013, 23:23

Hi again airwolf1. Just realised that the above is an advert so I should be able to say:

The Hunter is a direct optic NV approach, like that from Pulsar (N550) but without the hefty price tag at just £350. It's only just launched but is already personally endorsed by Nigel Allen, Mat Manning and BEST Fittings.

Its just been the main feature in the December issue of Airgun Shooter and will be the feature of the technical review next month. For a lot more info go to http://www.pitchblacknightvision.co.uk

Its been designed by shooters for shooters and to prove that high quality night vision DOES NOT have to cost a fortune.

If you have any questions you can always call us on 07899 926552.

Regards, Nic.
knuckle

Postby airwolf1 » 15 Nov 2013, 23:31

Ok, now I know the type you are talking about as I have read the issue of Airgun Shooter, very interesting and an amazing price, does it have a video output to allow recording?
airwolf1

Postby knuckle » 15 Nov 2013, 23:59

It can have. We have a standard unit but we've made six custom models so far based on individuals requirements.
Have you had a good look through the website?
knuckle

Postby CORKY » 16 Nov 2013, 11:20

The Hunter does seem to be an amazing piece of kit, and at a very good price. I shall have to start dropping hints for Christmas.
CORKY

Postby airwolf1 » 24 Nov 2013, 19:00

After an evening rat shooting I have decided that I definitely need NV, I shot a few early on but they soon became lamp shy and I think my Nightmaster torch is far too bright for use on rats :lol: I am steering towards the Pulsar Challenger at the moment as I use different rifles for different jobs and would like to be able to swap the NV between rifles using the current day scopes on these rifles. The Pitchblack kit mentioned above looks amazing but I am not keen on removing my day scopes to accommodate it, I cant afford to have a dedicated night shooting rifle because of cost and I switch between sub12 ftlb and FAC air.

I have also used a Nitesite but couldn't get used to the screen above the scope and didn't like the cables that are required to link it all together and the battery pack.

The pulsar will also allow me to utilise my existing Nightmaster 800 torch, this can be converted to IR LED for around £30, this should allow me to get the best from the Pulsar. Thank you to everyone that has replied, the info has allowed me to explore all avenues :D
airwolf1

Next

Return to Air Rifle Night Vision Optics

Who is on the Daystate Forum